Quantcast WDW TFS (Tired Feet Syndrome)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

What's your secret remedy to reduce feet
    fatigue at WDW?
    1999 Polynesian (Hurricane Floyd)
    2001 Polynesian
    2003 Beach Club & Polynesian
    2004 Polynesian
    2005 Beach Club

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Really good quality cushioned sneakers!

I'm always amazed when I see people in the parks with sandals on. I mean, I love sandals, but for all the walking we do, I make sure to have on a pair of socks and my good sneakers. Sometimes my DH will mention at the end of the day that his fee hurt, but I've never had a problem.

We also have one sit-down meal every day. I think that helps alot.
    Bouncy, flouncy, pouncy! Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Teva sandals are very foot happy. I also stretch a lot, and sit whenever possible.
    "Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas"
    "Go out there and kick some alien butt!"
    "That looks like water, but really it isn't."

DVC Member at Boardwalk
    84, 90, 92, 96, 94, 97 - off site
    98 DL Paris
    Many since then at BWV, OKW, and WLV.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

To give your feet a double dose of happiness, take a ride on the TTA. As you go up the ramp, stand with your feet as close to the edges as you can. The rollers that drive the ramp make for a great foot massage. Then, when you get to the top, you get to take a nice relaxing ride around tomorrowland. Make my feet happy!!!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

Steve
    [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Before you ever arrive at the gates of Walt Disney World, go for long walks on a daily basis. Not only is it good for you, but you'll have so much more stamina when you arrive at Disney World!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Tired feet is my #1 problem at the parks! I've learned to give them extra care before I ever get to Florida.
    #1 is to have good supportive shoes, on my last trip I wore sandals that fit me perfectly with a lot of cushion and support. My feet did much better with these than when I wore sneakers.
    #2 is to take advantage of sitting down when you can.
    #3 I went swimming every evening when going to the parks. This not just helped my feet but my whole body.
    #4 moisurize your feet a lot!! I had everything available in case I got blisters but I didn't get any this trip and I believe it's because I used so much lotion on my feet.
    #5 there are exercises you can do for your feet, I notice myself doing some even now that I'm back from my trip.
    "A mouse named Mortimer would be too pretentious" ~Mrs. Walt Disney~ <br /><br />Six Trips Down..... <br />Many More To GO!!!<br /><br />August 2002 Downtown Disney Hilton<br />*****<br />September 2002 Off Site (Tampa)<br />*****<br />October 2002 <br />MNSSHP<br />Off Site, Downtown Disney and finally, on-site Animal Kingdom Lodge! <br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />December 2002<br />MVMCP/CP<br />Off Site <br />Kissimmee<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />April 2003<br />Birthday Trip Off Site Kissimme<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />August-September 2003 <br />Off Site Kissimmee

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Scifi on our last trip I was determined to not suffer with sore or tired feet. I wore decent shoes, every night when I showered I washed my feet real good and dried them and then I put lotion on them . When I got up in the morning I would feel great. Pamper them a little bit and maybe even a rub from your hunny will help. Have a good trip.
    Been There, Done That, Going Back, June 2006 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I walk/run frequently before I go, and I bring two good pairs of walking shoes to WDW. I alternate shoes (no, not between feet) at mid day or at least daily, I change socks at least once a day, I keep my feet clean and dry, I use adhesive bandages as a preventative measure, I stretch (feet/ankles/legs) throughout the day, and don’t tell anyone, but I take my shoes (and socks off) on TAA, SE, and other private “car” type rides.

43 days, but who’s counting!!!

[ April 22, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: wdwcommando ]
    “W e l c o m e foolish mortals to the Haunted Mansion. I am your host, your ghost host, uhm uhm uhm uhm! Our tour begins here in this gallery, here where you see paintings of some of our guests, as they appeared in their corruptible, mortal state. Kindly step all the way in please, and make room for everyone. THERE’S NO TURNING BACK NOW!!!”<br /><br />“Drag your retched bodies away from each and every wall to the dead center of the room!”

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing that a lot of people do and it is a big mistake, do not buy new sneakers for the trip. You want something that is already comfortable and broken in. This way you do not get sore, tired, or even bruised feet on your vacation. I'm guilty of this, that's why I mention it [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    It doesn't matter if it's sandals or sneakers, as long as you get the support you need and they fit properly even after a long day of walking.
    What I don't get is these women that wear heels!!!! Not the wedge type shoes, 4 inch heels! I've never figured that one out. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

On our last couple of trips, I've started out the day in a good pair of sneakers. In general, we've fit an afternoon break back at our resort into our plans where we'll either go swimming or take a nap before returning to the parks later in the evening refreshed. When I redress to go back to the parks, I switch to sandals. My feet seem to love this change! I don't think I'd be comfortable in them all day, but for the evening activities, it's really nice!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

My feet tend to kill when I wear running shoes, but don't when I wear a good pair of either Tevas or flat walking sneakers. I know this is obvious - running shoes for running / walking for walking - but I have made the mistake many many many times.
    Grew up with Disney<br />1971-2004 WDW every year<br />1971-2002 - Cocoa Beach<br />5/1/03 - Ft. Wilderness <br />2/10/04 - Pop Century

singermom4 Guest

I wear my clunky, old New Balance runners with orthotics. If you have a problem with your feet swelling, you can take ibuprofen as a preventative (not that I'm advocating drug-taking, mind you).

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite shoes are New Balance walking shoes. I also try to take two pairs and alternate each day. I stretch each morning before we leave and stretch again during the day and at night when we return to the room...actually I try to do this every day, even when not at WDW. Also, as suggested above try to wash and dry real good at the end of the day and moisturize. If for any reason I still have pain, then I take ibuprofen or an anti-inflammatory like naproxen sodium twice a day and that helps a lot.
    Last trip: May 26-28, 2006
    DVC Members since 2001
    "When you imagine, time becomes timeless..."

Post Thanks / Like

In the evenings after you bathe and lotion your feet, prop them up--way up--for at least 30 minutes to allow pooled blood to circulate and swelling to drain. Wiggle, stretch and flex while you've got them propped. This will make your feet and legs feel much better.

I have very high arches, and my DH has very flat feet. Both can result in painful arches by the end of the day, so we both use arch supports in our shoes. Actually I buy new athletic shoes shortly before our trips, because the supports are new and springy. My favorites are Reeboks, because they have the little air pillows under the ball of the foot, which I LOVE; DH prefers New Balance or Nike.

On days that you will walk less, or in the evenings, switch to sandals to allow your feet to air out.

Post Thanks / Like

TFS is also my biggest problem at WDW. We go so far as to calculate the Precious Foot Time (PFT) that we have each day before ours start to ache!

Along with what others have said about good walking shoes and frequent breaks, I would stress that you must, must, must visit your hotel's pool or hot tub each night to stretch out and to relieve pressure on your joints for a little while. It will do wonders for you. Also, doses of Advil or Aleve will help, and will help reduce swelling or inflammation.

The other thing I find helpful is Dr. Scholl's Peppermint Foot Lotion. A generous application to the feet, ankles, and lower legs helps relieve tension and always seems to perk my feel up.

Hope you have a lovely time! Don't waste any PFT!

[ April 23, 2003, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: pearlieq ]

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not my feet feel best in flip flops. The kind that go between your toes. As long as they have a thicker sole for some added cushion they are great. Nothing to rub and give you blisters, not heavy that will wear you down and not hot and suffocating either. And if your feet do get hot just hop on thru those kiddie fountains and you're good to go.

But if it isn't quite sandle season back home, make sure you break them in before you go, even older ones so you feets are used to them.
    AS Music/Yacht Club 4/95 Rock n Roll/ Standard View<br />Old Key West 5/97<br />Coronado Springs 5/00--Cabana 9A<br />Polynesian 5/02--Fiji<br />Caribbean Beach April/May 03--Jamaica 45<br />Coronado Springs 5/04--Cabana 9B

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

There's nothing like a pair of well worn Birkenstocks!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Poly: 00, 03 x 2, 04, 05, 07 x 2, 09 x 2, 10, 11
    CR: 01, 02 x 2, 04, 06 x 2, 10, 11, 12
    GF: 01, 04
    F.W. Cabin: 07
    S/D: 01, 02 x 2, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09
    WL: 16
    POR: 14, 15
    DLR: 08, 13

Post Thanks / Like

We always wear tennies. On our most recent trip my daughter had a little trouble with a few hot spots on one foot, so she started wearing two pairs of socks and that really helped stop the problem before she got in the painful zone.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I always find that a good midday soak in the pool helps my tired trompers.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Boy did I get the blisters our last trip. I bought some mole skin before we left and used it. That was my biggest mistake. I know some people swear by this stuff but it made my feet blister worse than ever. I did everything said above soak mid day in the pool, wash, dry, lotion them. Still the blisters came. I learned to stop using the mole skin and powder them with gold bond and I quit getting blisters.
    Off Property--Aug.1978
    Fort Willderness Campground--April 1997 & May 2000
    Port Orleans French Quarter--July 2002 & July 2004

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: