Quantcast Keeping Cool

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Keeping Cool

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We all know how hot it can get in Florida in the summer. So , does anyone have any tips on how I can keep cool on my next WDW trip? (July) [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

SWIM!!! (Couldn't resist that one) [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    Jamie
    DVC Boardwalk '99
    "Hang on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

WDW 77 times
    DL 1 (2002)
    DLP 1(2008
    DCL 2 (04, 06)
    Trip to Europe with a stop at Disneyland Paris!
    Last Trip: March 2010 at BLT (MK view)
    Next Trip??? But I can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like

When I go to Disney in the summer which is infrequently I'm never without my neck strap and water bottle. Anyone who goes during the summer knows what I'm talking about.
    Doug
    38 Trips to Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

Stay hydrated! Drink water, and lots of it!

Get one of the water bottles with a built in fan before your trip, they are much more expensive in the parks. If you don't want to lug that around, you can get a very small personal fan at Wal-Mart in the camping area that will help without being too bulky.

Plan your days where you alternate outside type attractions with air conditioned attractions. Take a break at your resort during the heat of the day if you are staying on-site. A quick swim and/or nap can really revive you for the evening activities!

Utilize Fast Pass. Stay in the shade as much as possible, and/or wear a wide-brimmed hat to provide some relief from the suns rays. Don't forget to use sunscreen on all exposed areas. Heat on top of a sunburn is very miserable indeed!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is hot in Florida in the summer. We are
    going to WDW the last week in May and it looks
    like it is going to be hot then as well. We will
    take and drink a lot of water. Have fun on your
    trip.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with everyone else on this one! Drink water, make time for swimming to cool off, and maybe buy one of them misting fans, they aren't too bad. Also, a lot of the building's are air conditioned too, so just take your time going through them.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Originally posted by Tiffany:
    We all know how hot it can get in Florida in the summer. So , does anyone have any tips on how I can keep cool on my next WDW trip? (July) [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Spend a lot of time at Ice Station Cool
    ......When they were still *functioning* we spent quite a few cool down breaks at the AP lounges esp.the lounge at the Land....A 30 min. rest in an A/C shop or restaurant will do the same [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

For about $20 (this is a major rip-off) you can purchase a fan/water sprayer, with the Walt Disney World logo on it. It worked great; my brother filled it up at every water fountain we came across. It's a nice souvenir as well, if you're willing to spend the money.

Other than that, staying hydrated is key. Proper sunscreen and a hat/sunglasses and wearing lighter colored clothing will also help.

We took frequent brakes on our July trip. Spend the time and cool down for 5 or 10 minutes. Your body needs it.
    Eddy

Post Thanks / Like

We usually tried to eat a sit-down meal in a nice air conditioned restaurant - somewhere between 1 and 2 when the heat is really starting to get bothersome. Following that, we would return to our resort for some down time and time at the pool. As the afternoon was wearing on and the temperatures were dropping (relatively speaking), we'd return to the parks.

As others have noted, drinking lots of water is really important as well!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Edzter86:
    For about $20 (this is a major rip-off) you can purchase a fan/water sprayer, with the Walt Disney World logo on it.
    YIKES! You can get them ahead of time at WalMart for about $6 or so.
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

If the spray bottle is tooo expensive, try my FREE alternative!

Use a fresh wash-cloth (hotel kind!) each day.
    I like to put one in a zip-lock bag, put some ice in the bag.
    By the time you start to get hot the ice has melted...........wipe over exposed skin, and leave on back of neck for extra C@@LING!

Ask for ice extra at drink stations! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I like this better than having to carry a heavy and bulky spray bottle, the bag also fits into a pocket or backpack easily. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Tiggers are wonderful things!<br /><br /><br />Honeymoon Disney world 1983<br />Disneyland (off site)2000<br />Wilderness Lodge April 2003<br />'The Suite' SOG April 2004

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: