Quantcast PREGNANT AND WDW??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Hi!! We're going in 16 days (WHIPEEEEEEEE!!) and I'm 3 months pregnant. Any words of advice? Can I go on the mild rides like Pirates, Mr. Toad's, etc.? I know I should keep well hydrated...can I get ice water for free, or will they charge me?
    My dh has never been to Orlando at all and I haven't been since 1983...we're soooo excited!! We're going w/ our 17 month old and staying at AKL.
    Christy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There are lots of rides you can go on. My wife has been to WDW twice while pregnant. She got kind of tired walking so much at times, but handled it pretty well. You can't go on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride though because it doesn't exist anymore! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

Take bottled water with you. When empty, you can refill them at water fountains in the parks. Listening to 'Tomorrow's Child' in Spaceship Earth while my wife was pregnant was pretty cool, I thought.

[ May 29, 2003, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: larrybob ]
    1975 - Contemporary
    1988 - Offsite
    1992 - Caribbean Beach
    1996 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Port Orleans Riverside (aka DL)
    Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs
    Aug 2007 (1 day @ MGM)
    Sep 2007 (1 day @ EPCOT)
    Jan 2011 - Old Key West
    Jan 2013 - Pop Century
    Oct 2014 - All-Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

We went when I was 4 months pregnant. Here's what I rode, per park:
    MK: Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, LB Riverboat, Small World, Carousel, TTA.
    EPCOT: O' Canada show, Mexico ride.
    Nothing in MGM or AK.

I still had a wonderful time even though I didn't ride much. However, I went in December and the weather was very mild and low crowds. Make sure you have comfy shoes and lots of water. Take breaks when you need to and try to go at a slow pace. I know you probably aren't feeling much (morning sickness, tiredness, nausue ) right now, but too much exertion in the Fl heat will get to you. Enjoy your pool and the AKL. It is absolutely beautiful there.
    Moving to Orlando! Yippy!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I went when I was 5 mos. pregnant. I had a great time although I despretely love the rides like TOT and RNRR so I missed those. But I did go on Pirates and other mild rides. I found that people were also very kind in giving up their seats on the busses and at attractions. You're only 3 months though so they probably won't know that you're pregnant. Have a great time. We'll be there on the 16th of June. I can't wait [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

These are the only rides I avoided last summer at 5 months pregnant.

MK
    1. Space Mt.
    2. Alien Encounter
    3. Tomorrowland Speedway
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Splash Mt.
    6. Big Thunder

Epcot
    1. Test Track
    2. Body Wars

MGM
    1. Tower of Terror
    2. Rock 'n Rollercoaster
    3. Star Tours

AK
    1. Kali River Rapids
    2. Primevil Whirl
    3. Dinosaur
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Beach Club Babe has it... We went when my wife was 7 mos pregnant, avoided the rides BCB mentioned and had a great time. For some reason, they tell pregnant women not to ride on Kilamanjaro Safaris because the bumps may sometimes trigger things for those that are prone to those sorts of things when pregnant. She rode it and had no problems....
    Matt

-Married: Awesome Wife and 2 Great Boys; Civil Engineer; University of Michigan Alumnus/Fan
    -Walt Disney World fanatic since 1971!
    -DVC (OKW) Member since 1996
    -Next Vacation: ????

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick question. Why should a pregnant woman avoid Alien Encounter? There is nothing that would hurt her in there!
    All women are different in their pregnancies. When I was about 3 mo. pregnant we went to Disneyland, this trip had been planned for a long time and surprise I found out I was pregnant. I wanted to go on Big Thunder Mt. Railroad so bad. I talked to my doctor and he said at that stage I could go on it because the baby is very small and well padded. When my daughter was 7 weeks pregnant she went to WDW. Her doctor told her she could go on all the rides, same reasons as my doctor told me. The baby was the size of a grain of rice and had padding. She went on TOT! However you should always check with your doctor and pay attention to your body and how you feel. Most people choose not to go on these rides but when your in the first trimester the baby is so small that it wouldn't bother it unless you were already having problems, in which case you probably wouldn't be at WDW. The doctor told my daughter that if something were to happen to the baby after she went on the rides, it most likely would have happened anyway! Just go on whatever you feel comfortable doing and you and your husband have a great time!
    Sheree
    WDW Trips:
    Countless trips between (12/96) through (3/07)
    (Disneyland) To many times to count!
    (7/2005) Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Celebration
    (6/07) MOVED FROM FRESNO, CA TO
    APOPKA, FL - 30 MINUTES FROM WDW!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been when I was 3 months pregnant, and with a 22 month old toddler. The hardest thing for me was keeping up with my son. He was at the stage where he wanted to walk everywhere, forget the stroller, but got overtired quickly that way. It was fun, but was tiring. I didn't go on rides like Space Mountain, but did most the other ones people mentioned. I think it depends on how squeemish you feel. I could handle jerks, but not long drops. But, I won't step near TOT ever anyway.

[ May 30, 2003, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: holbear ]

Post Thanks / Like

You can ask for ice water at about any refreshment stand or restaurant...and it's free! Sure beats the icky fountain water.

Post Thanks / Like

Sidebar story:

With my sister a few years back. Watching the Little Mermaid show.

She says to our mom "I got kicked!"

Mom turns to glare at whoever did it behind us.

She says, "No, from inside!"

(Her first felt kick.)
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Cute story! Thanks for sharing!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks for all the great advice!! I'm feeling pretty good (especially since we go on the 14th!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    I plan on doing what I can and having an awesome time w/ dh and dd!! I just can't wait to get away and discover everything together for the 1st time!! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    I plan on taking my bigger stroller so my 17 month dd can recline and sleep, use the basket for all our goodies and the cup holders for drinks! Whipeeeeeeeeee!!
    Christy

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by WDW crazy:
    Just a quick question. Why should a pregnant woman avoid Alien Encounter? There is nothing that would hurt her in there!
    No, but as you get bigger, the harness may be uncomfortable and/or too tight.
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Sounds like you have the right attitude Minnie Mia. Just focus on all the fun things you're able to do, take it easy, and enjoy! DW has been down twice while expecting and there's plenty to keep you as busy as you'll want to be. Plus you'll get to experience your families excitement and wonder [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] .
    07/96-WL<br />11/99-POLY<br />05/00-POLY<br />05/01-POLY<br />09/02-POLY<br />05/03-POLY<br />10/03-POLY<br />05/04-POLY<br />11/04-POLY<br />05/05-POFQ/POLY

Post Thanks / Like

Hi!
    We went twice last year; once when I was three months pregnant and once when I was seven. The only other things I would add are: 1) the watermice can be quite bumpy and I did have some problems because of them at three months 2) it was very helpful for me to have some crackers tucked away in a bag while I was there, not so much for morning sickness but for refueling purposes without searching for park food that appealed to me at that exact moment! 3) Have fun, I had the best trips ever to Disney while I was pregnant. Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ June 04, 2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: epcotluver ]
    98 Coronado Springs<br />00 Coronado Springs<br />01 and Jan 05 French Quarter<br />02 Riverside ( x2 )<br />03 August Boardwalk Inn<br />04 Feb Pop Century/ Wilderness Cabins<br />04 Aug/ Sept POLY<br />04 Oct Contemporary weekend<br />05 June WL/Poly!!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: