Quantcast fireworks - worth it or not?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

We are inindated w/ firework shows around here - so i'm wondering if it's worth staying late in the park and dealing w/ the crowds just to see fireworks?

we've always skipped in the past but this year we are traaveling w/ our 2 children.. so if they would enjoy them and there is something more spactacular than our big fw shows, then it would be worth it. I'm thinking they may enjoy a dip in the pool better... opinions?
    April 2007 - POFQ
    October 2005 - CBR
    August 2003 - AKL
    November 2002 - POFQ
    September 1994BC (before children)
    March 1994BC
    June 1989BH (before husband!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

If you don't want to fight the mad rush at the end, you can take the ferry boat or monorail across and watch the fireworks from the TTC area and you'll still have time for that swim.

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Altair ]</p>

Post Thanks / Like

As Altair said, you can always watch the MK fireworks from the TTC or the MK area resorts. The MK fireworks are pretty standard, but classic in that they are over the castle.

Epcot's Illuminmations on the other hand is unique and I think really worth hanging around for. However, if the crowds really bother you, you can see a lot of the high fireworks from the Boarwalk area. Although you miss a lot of the action that takes place on the Showcase Lagoon. Illuminations is great and reckon the kids would really enjoy it!
    Michael șoș

• Oct '12 Port Orleans Riverside
    • Aug '11 Disneyland (D23 Expo) / WDW Pop Century
    • Apr '10 Pop Century
    • Sept '09 Disneyland (D23 Expo)
    • Oct '08 Pop Century
    • March 2007 - Pop Century
    • Nov 2003 - All Star Movies - Honeymoon
    • Nov 2001 - All Star Movies
    • Nov 2000 - Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I would definitely recommend the Epcot Firework's cruise. It was one of the best parts of our trip. They pick you up outside the Beach Club, I think, and drive you around for a little while. Then you park right under the bridge and have front row seats for the fireworks. It was amazing.

Karena [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    1974 DL - 2 years old (doesn't really count); WDW 1998 (Jan.) - OKW (5 days); 2000 -(Jan.) Contemporary (2 days), OKW (7days); Disneyland 2003 (April) - Portofino (3 days); Next Trip 2006 (Dec.) - AKL (3 days), POFQ (6 days)

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to skip the fireworks this time and do Fantismic. We decided on Epcot's fireworks last time, it was pretty good, but not really worth standing at the rail around the water for an hour before the show (we barely got a good spot that early!) and then the crowd leaving the park. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] Not on our list of "to do's" next trip.
    LuvinMickey<br /><br /><b>CBR - June '01</b><br /><b>AKL - Dec. '03?</b>

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

we were at epcot on new years eve, and let me tell you, i am 44 years old and that was the most spectacular show i have ever seen!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I guess I really can't give an objective answer to this question. I once managed to see Illuminations, the MK fireworks, and Fantasmic all in one evening. I love the fireworks shows, and wouldn't miss them.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We love the fireworks. You didn't say how old your kids are or if you are going to have a car.

We have watched the fireworks for the Wedding pavolian at the GF. It is a great view, with no crowd and you can just drive away. Another option is from the Cont. We really like both places without the crowd.

P.S. Great name

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I've watched Magic Kingdom's fireworks sitting in the hot tub at my condo (Vistana). It was nice, so maybe you can find a spot on disney property and watch them, avoid the crowds. Good luck! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot - yes
    Magic Kingdom - no
    MGM Fantasmic - no
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

EPCOT is soooo worth it!

My son loves them and so do I! We usually just sit and people watch for a few minutes and then browse the shops that are still open while wandering to the exit. We stop and watch the fountains and play with the pixie dust on the sidewalk and by the time we get to the exit, the crowds are all but gone and the kiddo is snoozing in his stroller... down for the night.... it's a great way to end a day at Disney.

The other fireworks are nice, but I've never seen anything like Illuminations!
    șoș
    "One minute you're defending the whole galaxy, the next you find yourself sucking down Darjeeling with Marie Antoinette and her little sister."
    ~Buzz Lightyear, Space Ranger

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I don't know how old your children are but I will never forget the look on my 4 year old DD's face when she saw Tinkerbell fly through the sky! Watching her excitement was well worth dealing with the crowds. Let's face it That's a part of Disney that cannot be avoided. Just try not to let it aggravate you. I agree that the illuminations show should not be missed. My DD also loved it. Enjoy and have fun.
    Disneyland 8/1992; CBR 4/2000; Port Orleans 4/2000; Disney Wonder 4/2000; Port Orleans 2/2001; Port Orleans Riverside 4/2002; Disney Wonder 4/2002; Off-site 8/2002; Off-site 4/2003; Off-site 8/2003; Hilton DTD 4/2004; Doubletree Club LBV 3/2005;Disney Wonder 4/2006; Off-site 4/2006; off-site 8/2006

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot Illuminations and Fantasmic are two of the finest shows of their kind on the face of planet Earth. You would have to be mighty jaded not to find thrills and chills with those two shows. Period.
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Well, you are all very convincing! It sounds like we will be out late for the fworks! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Which show has Tinker Bell flying through? - I assume MK - but I could be wrong???
    April 2007 - POFQ
    October 2005 - CBR
    August 2003 - AKL
    November 2002 - POFQ
    September 1994BC (before children)
    March 1994BC
    June 1989BH (before husband!)

Post Thanks / Like

That would be the fireworks at the MK. Didn't see them last trip because I absolutely loved IllumiNations and Fantasmic. I will make a point to see them at least once when I go in Feb, but I will be seeing IllumiNations at least twice.
    May '14 -- OKW 1 bdrm
    Dec '13 -- OKW + Off site
    Mar '13 -- Saratoga Springs
    Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7Nt EC
    June '11 --BLT for SWW, July '11 -- OKW
    Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nt EC/5 nights POFQ
    DVC @ BLT Dec 2010 Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

As for dealing with the crowds afterwards, don't. Why be in a hurry. Pop into a shop and browse around for 20 minutes or so. Or better yet, find a nice bentch, perhaps with an ice cream cone in hand, and sit and watch the people hurry by while you relax for a few minutes watching them. It's actually kind of cool as the street in front of you begins to empty. Then there is no longer a crowd to deal with.
    Marker from MO

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: