Quantcast How soon after coming home from a Disney vacation do you start planning the next one

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess my title just abouts sums it up. Myself and the family seem to be in total "disney mode" and start planning our next trip as soon as we get back. The nicest feeling about being at Disney World this summer was knowing that I was coming back for 10 days in December. How will I cope when I get home just knowing that the next trip isn't even on the horizon yet. I'm worried about being depressed and seriously am considering a solo trip if I can't find someone to back with me in '03. Anyone, please comment on on this, am I the only one like this.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Moving over to Vacation Planning...
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You're not alone, Jill. [img]smile.gif[/img]

There are lots of ways to keep the Disney magic going between trips (even when you've got a long way to go...)

-listen to your favorite Disney tunes
    -watch your favorite Disney film
    -read up on what's new at WDW & plan your next visit
    -visit INTERCOT on a daily basis [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Your next trip will be here before you know it. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

We began to plan while we are there. We love WDW and wished that we could go more than once a year. Our next trip is April 27 - May 4 and we are thinking about the trip following this one already. Where we might stay, when we go, ect... Checking the boards everyday keeps me going until the trip finally arrives.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see...our September 2002 trip was already in the planning stage before we even decided to go in May of 2002.

Currently, I don't have any reservations but that could change at any moment!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We go yearly. So -- we usually have plans for a return trip before we even leave on the recent one.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Since our Disney vacations have tended to be every 2 years, I find myself logging onto I'cot to cope with the post-Disney-syndrome.

I also listen to my favorite songs and watch our Disney movies, just like Sam suggested!

In terms of planning our next vacation; Since our next Disney family vacation after our trip in February will be the last one before I'm off to college, it will be very special. I'll probably start planning a year+ in advance. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>Eddy</b> <br /><br /><i>"Remember the Magic"</i> <br /><br /><i><b>*Happy Holidays!*</b></i><br /><br /><b>Next up:</b><br /><i>All Star Sports</i>-<b>February 2003</b><br /><br /><b>12</b> weeks and counting!<br /><br /><b><i>"We Go On"</i></b>

Post Thanks / Like

normally, we can stretch it about six months before we start jonesing, but now we will have to wait about 2 years , because i am about to start nursing school; that being said, i could pack up right now and hit the road! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to say I am getting a good laugh from these responses. I don't know what I'd do without Intercot. Every time I log on to AOL, the 1rst site I go to is this one. I'm probably here 2 or 3 times a day. I tell my sister it's how I get my Disney "fix". [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img]
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

We normally have our holidays booked about 15 months in advanced! This is because we always go on the weekend and to Guarantee getting the flights we want we need to book that far in advanced.
    Actually planning my holidays is an on going thing. I always write down things I have seen or heard about and put them into a folder so I will not forget and then start booking them with about four weeks to go!

As you can see from my Signature I’ve not booked anything for next year. This is due to the wife wanting to go to Africa on a Safari! Why she can’t be happy with the AK I just don’t know! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    Kevin AKA Womble
    Disneyland Ca. 91-92 / Offsite 93-96-97-98-02-03-07 /
    Caribbean Beach 94-95-98 / All-star 99-01 / PO French Quater 00 / Coronado Springs 04 / PO Riverside 05-06

Post Thanks / Like

We're leaving 11/4 for our 5th annual trip with the grandkids. Every year my DH says, "Let's do something different next year." (He only goes for the golf.) As soon as we get home, I start with plans for the next trip. But next year I really would like to do smething different - THE DISNEY CRUISE!! My only problem is that I have 3 grandkids to take and that puts me at a real expensive room level. Any suggestions??
    11/98 - POFQ<br />11/99 - POFQ<br />11/00 - POFQ<br />11/01 - AKL<br />11/02 - POFQ<br />05/03 - BC<br />11/03 - POR<br /><br />05/03 - BC<br />11/03 - POFQ - ??

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi sawyermaw- [img]smile.gif[/img]

To keep this thread on topic and to get you a better response, I would suggest posting your cruise questions in the Disney Cruise Line Forum. We've got lots of cruise experts & sailors there who can help you out! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Ahoy Matey & Happy Planning!

TiggerRPh Guest

Smile

As soon as we get home!!!

[img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

We are leaving in 2 days for WDW, and have been planning for our next visit already for a month. We are still debating if we should go for x-mas 2003 or for Thanksgiving 2003. Out of all of our visits we have never been there for thanksgiving.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

My DH and I are taking my sister, brother-in-law and
    nephew Feb 1st-8th, 2003. This will be their first
    time there. It's just around the corner. But being
    the Disney addict that I am, I got 3 days in a row
    off from work and begged DH to go down there with me.
    It is a 10 hour drive from New Orleans so he could
    not justify only one full day down there. Dinner at
    O'hana's and just walking through Magic Kingdom would
    give me my "fix". I hope I can survive til February
    [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[ October 27, 2002, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: disnic75 ]
    Honeymoon May '98 @ Dixie Landings<br />Addicted ever since!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning the next one before we even go on the current one, sometimes even the next several. Almost all of my time on the computer is spent at Disney sites checking out which resort I want to stay at and what restaurants we should try. On our last trip my husband told the waitress at Kona Cafe that I didn't need a menu because I already decided what I was going to eat before we even left home!!!! We'll be going Dec. 1-3, staying at the Grand Floridian and I have made 1 PS and am still deciding on a couple others, but at the same time am starting to think about March [spring break] and June. Some people probably think I'm obsessed, but I can't help it, maybe it has something to do with having the same birthday as Walt Disney . I don't know, all I know is I love it there, don't want to go home and can't wait to go back.
    "It's going to be Walt Disney World, so people will always know that this was Walt's dream." - Roy Disney

Off-Site 5x
    ASMu 2x
    AlSMo 1x
    PC 3x
    POR 3x
    POFQ 2x
    CBR 2x
    CSR 1x
    WL 4x
    AKL 3x
    Y&BC 2x
    BWI 3x
    Polynesian 1x
    GF 2x

Post Thanks / Like

We seem to be in a pattern where we go every two years. This seems to be about right for rest of family, but as for me -I could go monthly.

I am not yet planning details of our next trip, but I am planning to retire to FL 30 years from now and be a street sweeper on Main Street USA [img]smile.gif[/img] just for the fun of it. I'd rather be a street sweeper in the house of the mouse than a big shot here.

Zippa
    David<br /><br />WDW Visits<br />May 2000 - off-site<br />April 2002 - AS Sports<br />June 2003 - AS Music<br />March 2004 - POR<br />November 2004 - AS Music<br /><br />"Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than we can ask or imagine, be glory forever and ever" Ephesians 3:20-21

Post Thanks / Like

My trip ended yesterday

we spent the evening at epcot up until we had to head to the airport. My girlfriend was making fun of me for being depressed because we had to leave. my reply…"I'm coming back…SOON" Needles to say, I started planning on the flight back home.
    Since this trip was just as fun but totally different than my previous trips I've decided to return twice a year from now on.

May for Star Wars Weekends
    October for MNSSHP and the food & wine festival [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    "in darkness there is power"

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

In my head, I think I have the next trips planned out for the rest of our lives [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

We're going this year when the twins are two and then we plan on going back when they're four. Tentatively, on that trip we plan to stay in a condo or a fort wilderness home so that when we have to pay for three kid's tickets, we'll save some money on food.

This time we're staying at the contemporary [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] since two of our brood will experience everything free!
    Barbara
    Gotta crawl, gotta crawl, gotta crawl to the ugly bug ball<br /><br /><br />Fort Wilderness(tent for two days/cabin for the rest:)) September 1998<br /><br />Shades of Green 1999<br /><br />All Star Movies 2001<br /><br />Contemporary Resort January 2003<br /><br />Upcoming Contemporary Resort in September!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am exactly like the first poster of this thread. I would also go myself if I couldn't get someone to go with me. I always have two trips going at once, or I would be so sad when the first trip was ending.I too spend lots of time on Disney sites, and really enjoy this one. I plan all my meals and my itinerary looks like a drill sargeant wrote it. But, I cannot think of anywhere else to go where I know I will have fun, be amazed, eat great, stay in nice places,and be touched over and over again by the magic. It truly is a wonderful place where dreams do come true.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: