Quantcast Old Key West:A review

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Time Frame: Monday,October 6th-10th 2003
    Hi everyone [img]smile.gif[/img]
    This is a fabulous resort~! From the very 1st"Welcome Home"greeting from the guard at the gate,I knew we'd enjoy staying here [img]smile.gif[/img] Driving up the small hill to the Hospiltality House was a feast for the eyes;the various greens of the lush landscaping,the soft pastels of the buildings,Jimmy Buffet music playing softly in the background,the waterways with spouting fountains,the golf greens in the distance..It was beautiful [img]smile.gif[/img] Our room was in building #15,a
    groundfloor corner studio with a enclosed
    balcony/patio that over looked the water with a
    fountain directly behind and the golf course to
    the far right,the view was beautiful.The studio
    had two very comfortable queen sized beds covered
    by colorful pastel quilts with a ceiling fan
    overhead,an armoire with TV and four drawers done in
    an antique white.Double doors lead from the
    bedroom to the small enclosed patio/balcony with
    privacy landscaping.The small alcove between the bedroom and bathroom has a roomy closet on the right and a kitchen area to the left complete with a small sink,half-sized refigerator,small micowave,full-sized coffemaker,cupboards with dishes,glasses,utensils,coffe packs,napkins,etc.The bathroom is very roomy with a full length vanity and mirror,hairdryer and
    large tub w/ shower and a marble floor,all done
    in peach,pink and green pastels
    [img]smile.gif[/img] Throughout our stay,we found it to be quiet,peaceful and serene and would stay here again,quite happily.The grounds are exquisite with palms and flowers everywhere,the paths are numerous and easy to navigate.The marina is lovely and the main pool was centerally located for easy access,as was the Good's Store and the Gurgling Suitcase.There are games,bikes and boats available for rental and the CM's here are knowledgable,courteous and friendly.We truly loved this resort and it now runs a close second,right behind POFQ,as a favored resort of ours.

[ October 11, 2003, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: MousePassion ]
    MousePassion<br /><br />"A dream is a wish the heart makes"<br /><br /><br />Veteran of at least 24 trips to WDW;trips during 2003: January @POR and AKL,concierge and<br />October 6-10 2003@Old Key West<br />Now we're nextdoor neighbors to the Mouse himself~!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the beautiful description! I am staying there with my mom in January - can't wait!!
    ~95 offsite<br />~99 POFQ/Disney Wonder<br />~01 Dixie Landings<br />~Jan 03 BWI/GF<br />~Apr 03 Wilderness Lodge<br />~Sep 03 Beach Club Villas<br />~Oct 03 Boardwalk Villas<br />~Dec 03 Polynesian<br />~Jan 04 OKW/Boardwalk Villas<br />~Mar 04 Animal Kindom Lodge<br />~May 04 Boardwalk Villas<br />~Sep 04 Boardwalk Villas<br />~Dec 04 Beach Club Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for such a detailed description of Old Key West!! Our family is making our first trip there next month, and your review made us even more excited!
    Barbie șoș
    Married to: Golf Grumpy
    DVC owners at BCV and SSR

...and then they made me their Chief.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

It was nice to read such a vivid description of the place. Most likely I will not stay at a home way from home resort, so it's not on the top of my list for places to stay. It does sound like a resort that I would love to visit though!

(Check your personal messages about Olivia's Cafe)
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks for the wonderful report on OKW. We'll be staying there in 13 days for the first time, and I can't wait [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    DisneyWorld
    May 2007 - SSR
    Oct 2006 - SSR/VB & July 2006 - BWV/Dolphin
    Oct 2005 - Yacht Club/Saratoga Spring
    Oct 2003 - OKW
    Oct 2000 - Disney Institute

Disneyland
    Too many to keep track of over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! It sounds great.
    Ed aka Horizon93

"If we can dream it, then we can do it".

DVC owner as of July 07 at AKV, as of Oct 2010 at BWV

Just back from honeymoon at AKV Kidani, July 2013!

Next up...not sure yet, but going back soon! )

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. It sounds like a great resort. I'll have to save up my pennies and splash out on a stay there one day!
    Michael șoș

• Oct '12 Port Orleans Riverside
    • Aug '11 Disneyland (D23 Expo) / WDW Pop Century
    • Apr '10 Pop Century
    • Sept '09 Disneyland (D23 Expo)
    • Oct '08 Pop Century
    • March 2007 - Pop Century
    • Nov 2003 - All Star Movies - Honeymoon
    • Nov 2001 - All Star Movies
    • Nov 2000 - Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I never wondered about staying there until now!!! You make is sound like a heavenly retreat.

Thanks for that great writeup and I am glad you and yours enjoyed your stay. I know what it's like staying somewhere different for the first time.

If you know, are they all studios or are there seperate individual rooms available like POFQ?
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

OKW has Studios, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom villas.

We'll be in a 2-bedroom in a couple of weeks and we'll post a report later. The 2-bedroom villas are supposed to be a combo of a studio and 1-bedroom.
    DisneyWorld
    May 2007 - SSR
    Oct 2006 - SSR/VB & July 2006 - BWV/Dolphin
    Oct 2005 - Yacht Club/Saratoga Spring
    Oct 2003 - OKW
    Oct 2000 - Disney Institute

Disneyland
    Too many to keep track of over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting back on this resort. You don't get to hear much about it!
    Uh oh...here comes trouble.<br /><br />"Over and over, the crow cries uncover the cornfield."

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Since we are in the process of buying into OKW thru the DVC, it was good to read such a glowing report from someone that doesn't have any reason to make it sound better than it really is.
    Thanks for the report!!
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Originally posted by Roland:

If you know, are they all studios or are there seperate individual rooms available like POFQ?
    Hi Roland [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I'm not quite sure about OKW having just rooms,but I do know that the studios have a connecting door to a two bedroom suite and when added,it becomes a three bedroom villa [img]smile.gif[/img] Many think this resort is cost prohibitive,but if you browse the DVC boards and "rent"points from DVC members who can't use them,one can stay at OKW for less than a value resort~! Hope this helps
    MousePassion<br /><br />"A dream is a wish the heart makes"<br /><br /><br />Veteran of at least 24 trips to WDW;trips during 2003: January @POR and AKL,concierge and<br />October 6-10 2003@Old Key West<br />Now we're nextdoor neighbors to the Mouse himself~!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you MousePassion, you just make the place sound so magnificent!!!

Yes, I will look into the DVC points for next year.
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: