Quantcast which park in torrential rain?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I'm sitting at work looking out the window at a big thunder storm and that reminds me of the worst day at disney ever (at mgm. )It was Christmas a few years back and we were determined to see the Osborne lights but it was rainy and very cold. MGM has absolutely NO places to go in the rain. With very few attractions to begin with there was no place to go and sit. We ended up going to the Brew works at boardwalk. We went to epcot one time in a hurricane and it was actually fun. The park didn't open until noon and even with wind and blowing rain there are tons of places to go. Animal park is a bad choice for the rain because it is so small. We were soaked last year during the summer even with ponchos and lightning seems scarier and closer there. Anyone else have an opinion?
    Disney every year since 1971.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We head to Epcot if it an option. You have to wak a bit more form attraction to attraction but just about everything you do in Future World is indoors. There are a lot of things to do inside each building too. In Wold Showcase you can walk from shop to shop to show and stay pretty dry. One time we headed to Disney Quest.....BIG mistake!!! Everyone else had the same idea. It was so crowded we left after 30 minutes.
    Jan 93 Disney Villa's
    May 96 Port Orleans
    Apr 97 Off Prop.
    Oct 98 All Star Music
    May 01 All Star Sports
    Feb 02 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    May 02 Beach Club
    Sep 02 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Oct 02 Polynesian
    Feb 03 Polynesian
    Oct 04 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Dec 07 Wilderness Lodge

TiggerRPh Guest

Cool

Epcot it the best place during a rain storm...essentially all the attractions/shows are indoors. With the pavilions being closer together than the buildings of Future World, World Showcase would be preferable.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We were at Magic Kingdom in the rain, and got soaked even with a poncho. We watched the parade from Main Street USA, then headed out with the masses back to the car. One thing that I noticed is that the characters were having a lot of fun in the rain splashing and carrying on. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

I love being in the park when it's raining. Just throw on one of the (overpriced) Mickey ponchos and go get wet. Many of the lines disappear when people go scurrying out of the parks. I remember a great experience watching the Tapestry of Nations parade (that's what it was called, right?) in Epcot, they performed the entire parade in a steady rain. We just sat there in ponchos for the whole thing, receiving an unusual amount of attention from the parade participants because there were so few people spectating.

I also recall being in MGM when some sort of freak monster-storm hit. They cancelled the Hunchback show half-way through and we went running down the main street in ankle-deep flash flooding water. Fun!

It also rained on us during our first trip to Disneyland recently. You'd think the Californians had never seen rain before, the way they were all huddled under any shelter they could find! We didn't even bother with the ponchos, just got wet and walked on to every ride we could find. (Though DL's attractions and line queues go outside quite a bit more than WDW, so we got real wet butts on rides like Winnie the Pooh.) [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    2003-Disneyland Hotel<br />2001-Caribbean Beach<br />2000-All Star Movies (Honeymoon)<br />1999-All Star Movies (Got engaged)<br />1997-Off-site house<br />1997-Off-site motel<br />Pre-1997-Don't remember!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

When it comes to rain, or anything else bad like big crowds are bad heat, I'll always say it's best to head to Epcot. It is so relaxing whether you're indoors at the pavilions or outside at the world showcase. When you feel your vacation has been go go go, then Epcot is your place.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with EPCOT during rainy weather...just don't go on Test Track! My DH and I made this mistake (figuring if the weather was bad enough they would just shut the ride down as usual) but our car got stuck outside on the incline loop! We were stuck there for at least 5 minutes in the pouring rain, and by the time we got in (which was a very SLOW process) we were drenched. On a positive note, there was a CM waiting for us when we got off, and she gave us both vouchers for a free shirt at any store in EPCOT. Don't know if I'd risk the rain for another free shirt...but then again, I did pick a nice one!
    The Local Disneyphile,
    missmickey99

AKA Mrs. WDW to friends and family

Post Thanks / Like

Last month I was in a downpour at EPCOT and parked my butt at the Rose & Crown. It was the best thing I could have done. We had a great time.
    "You are not the first to pass this way....nor shall you be the last"

ianglover Guest

We've been lucky enough to only have one day of torrential rain whilst at disney, and we headed for MGM. Bought a poncho, wore shorts and just 'did' the park. Unbelievably we had loads of fun and lines were short! Yes we got wet but hey, it was fun!

Crazy as it sounds, when it comes to Disney i can put up with anything!! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We are from Norway, and I truly think that no weather could knock us of the Disney bounce!

Because no matter what weather you'll get in Florida... It will always be just as warm or warmer than any summer day in Scandinavia! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Yes, even in the winter season....
    Jºoºnas_Swe
    Disneyland Resort Paris:
    Disneyland Hotel - Castle Club Concierge: -92, -98, -01, -03.
    Walt Disney World - First Time - 2005
    ASM - 2 nights, WL - 13 nights & BWI - 8 nights.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by missmickey99:
    On a positive note, there was a CM waiting for us when we got off, and she gave us both vouchers for a free shirt at any store in EPCOT. Don't know if I'd risk the rain for another free shirt...but then again, I did pick a nice one!
    That's awesome!!! I'd totally get stuck in teh rain for a free shirt-- especially since they're not cheap there!
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Epcot! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    ~ * Liz * ~
    Costuming CM CP Alumni / Aug 06 - May 07 -
    Magic Kingdom / MNNSHP / Mickey's Twas / Spectro / Pirate & Princess / Animal Kingdom / MJJP =)

Last trip: July 10 - ASSp/AKL
    Next trip: May 11 - Planning Session with DFTW!

Disney Bride - 11/10/11

Post Thanks / Like

I also agree that Epcot is the best park for the rain. I especially enjoy spending time in "The Land" or "Wonders of Life."
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Just putting in my $.02 here - last year it seemed like it rained for most of our trip in June and we got the ponchos and just did what we normally would've done anyway.

A couple of notes though: Yes, you will probably get the most wet at Animal Kingdom....BUT if you do venture out - it is really neat to watch how the animals hide out under their shelters and who knows what you might see?? We made friends with a really super-big tortoise.

Also - people watching at Animal Kingdom in the rain is a hoot!

But yes, my overall vote would be for Epcot! B/c they have the best indoor rides that last longer...
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

You all can slap me for being silly here [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img] , but I like Animal Kingdom the best when it rains. It feels like you're in a rainforest with all those trees and long paths ... It just feels unique!

May the slapping commence .... [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    00,01,03 ..... offsite
    04,05,06,07,08,09,11 ..... AKL
    Next Trip - Sept 3rd 2013 ..... AKL

Garry (aka DicksonGR)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Epcot....definitely.

It happened to us and we actually found eating in the Chef de France (sp?) was kind of romantic in a heavy rain. Tons of rides in the park too (all indoors)

Post Thanks / Like

As long as I'm in WDW, I don't care where I get caught in the rain....

Singin' in the rain.... I'd still be singing in the rain!!!!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

We were at Epcot in mid June of 2002 when it poured all day long. We loved it. We still got wet, but there was plenty of opportunities to get out of the rain, and absolutely no wait anywhere.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot-relax and grab a bite somewhere,or run from pavilion to pavilion and country to country and continue on! But hey,i would pick epcot in ANY kind of weather!
    With F-I-G-M-E-N-T,you can see things differently!

Imagination......imagination, a dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you.

Next WDW Trip- New Years 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

EPCOT riding Ellen's Energy Adventure which is 45 min. long!

Karen
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: