Quantcast Favorite Romantic Things To Do

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

With Valentines Day recently passing, I was just wondering what everyones favorite romantic things to do at WDW are!

Personally, I love going to the POLY beach and sitting on a hammock watching wishes and the castle change color across the lake. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Vanessa

What a wonderful thought it is
    that some of the best days of our life
    haven't even happened yet.

S-O-U-T-H F-L-O-R-I-D-A!
    South Florida, South Florida
    Gooooo Bulls!!!!

AP Holder 8 years and counting!
    Too many trips to count!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

There are a lot of romantic things to do at WDW, some of which I have been lucky enough to partake in on my three trips, mostly on my honeymoon.

Here are some of my experiences:

1. Mexico Pavilion: Dining at San Angel Inn, riding El Rio Del Tiempo, drinking margaritas while listening to a live mariachi band, under a faux star-lit sky. Enough said.

2. Dining at Artist Point with a window seat, allowing a view of a waterfall, surrounded by a flower-filled courtyard, with the smokey, woody, smell of the grill filling our nostrils.

3. Dining at the Maya Grill: Okay, another dinner, however, also another window seat, this time with a view of the full moon rising over the lake, with a Mayan pyramid as a backdrop.

4. Watching Illuminations: Hand in hand with the music, fireworks, and whole show.

5. A wonderful first night at the Wilderness Lodge: I really can't elaborate on a family oriented board, however, let's just say champagne was involved.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Just watching a firework show, or eatting at a very nice restraunt, or even standing by Cinderella's Castle.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

There's many romantic things at WDW and so many personal favorites of mine,but I'll list a few [img]smile.gif[/img]
    1.Strolling hand in hand along the water at POFQ in the moonlight

2.Taking the boat at night from POFQ to DTD

3.A room at AKL overlooking the pool and Savannah beyond.

4.Watching Illuminations from a private boatcruise

5.Finding an overlooked little nook or cranny in Epcot.

6.Strolling through the rosegarden in Epcot.

7.Breakfast in bed at any resort

I have many,many more [img]smile.gif[/img]
    MousePassion<br /><br />"A dream is a wish the heart makes"<br /><br /><br />Veteran of at least 24 trips to WDW;trips during 2003: January @POR and AKL,concierge and<br />October 6-10 2003@Old Key West<br />Now we're nextdoor neighbors to the Mouse himself~!

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is having dinner at Victoria & Albert's. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    -Sandra

"We go on... to the joy and through the tears
    We go on... to discover new frontiers
    Moving on... with the courage of the years
    We go on... moving forward now as one
    We go on... with a spirit born to run
    Moving on... with each rising sun to a new day..."

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I are leaving in 17 days for what we are hoping to be one of these romantic getaways! We are celebrating our 10th anniversary and going "kid-free"! We have a private boat for the fireworks, a carriage ride with champagne at Port Orleans and the "re-hitching" ceremony at the Garden Grill (on our actual anniversary!) all lined up! We're like 2 little kids, we call each other at work and say "we should do this..." or "what about this..." We lay in bed at night and giggle over all of our plans.....we just can't wait!!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    Nancyjae

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

For my DW and I there are several romantic things to do. If I had to pick a few:

for one thing, just going to WDW is romantic for us but...

Watching "Wishes" together
    Walking anywhere in Epcot together.
    Sunning ourselves laying out at WL hand in hand.
    Dinner in LeCellier, France, the outdoor cafe in Mexico.

Ok, there's too many to list.
    Beast25<br />Stayed at:<br />Wilderness Lodge (3 times)<br />Animal Kingdom (Twice)<br />Grand Floridian (Once)<br />Dixie's Landing (Once)<br />Caribbean Beach (Once)<br />Coronado Springs (Once)<br /><br />Off-Site (Twice)(Forgive us, we were young)

Clermont, Florida...ten minutes from Disney :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Vanessa, we too love to sit in the hammocks on the Poly beach and watch Wishes. It's heavenly.

The World Showcase at night is also very romantic as it's a little like wandering around the world together.

Disney might be for families, but it's also for couples. There's no place like Disney World to be in love. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ~Mary Burk~<br /><br />Living the dream as an entertainment CM :)<br /><br />Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Le Cellier and Illuminations

or

Cuddling on the TTA and taking a little nap (but no more than that - there ARE cameras there)

Jeremy
    Proud Movie Rider since 6/03
    "Everybody just sit tight.... Running a red light's against the law! And I'd NEVER break the law... hey kid - watch this! (Shoots out light) No more red light!
    Look out, the bank's gonna blow! YEEEEEEHAW!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the fireworks in front of the castle at night @ MK! or a spa day is always cool or if you are staying at a deluxe resort you could rent a boat...or parasailing over the lake is really beatiful. there is also a wedding chapel at the grand floridian hotel/spa that overlooks the castle and lake. there is tons of romantic things to do at WdW you just have to know ur taste!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Illuminations is very romantic as well as watching fireworks over Cinderella's castle. I totally agree with the Mexico pavillion statement made by darthmacho, i also think the cuteness of its a small world and el rio de tiempo is a nice bonding thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I proposed to my wife on February 2, 2003 and did some of those activities that I have read. I took my wife to be at that time on a suprise road trip to Disney World, I got the concierge room at the Grand Floridian which was amazing. You opened the back door to our room and we had a straight shot at the kingdom, like a post card. Next was a shopping spree at the shops of the Grand Floridian for attire for the night. After getting all decked out for the night, a private cruise on the old chris craft boats to watch illuminations under the bridge at EPCOT. A quick ride back to the Floridian with a special delivery from Mickey, flowers and a stuffed dopey doll. Walk down to the Victoria's and Alberts with the best dinner ever with my wife, a six course meal, with a pre-dessert special meal: Silver platter with red rose petals and one long stem rose capped with my wife's engagement ring. Just some things Disney has helped me do. Of course the next day was spent around Disney World. [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    Preston & Amanda <br /><br />"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so i never have to live without you." ~Winnie the Pooh.<br /><br />Been there too many times to list, last visit: Wilderness Lodge Villas in August 2004.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I stayed at CB on our honeymoon 8 years ago and we really enjoyed just lying in the hammocks and drinking champagne.

Post Thanks / Like

An excellent choice is dinner at California Grill and then watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from there. It's awesome [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] , but a little pricey for those on a budget.

[ February 24, 2004, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: HallandNash ]
    1988 - Off site
    1997 - Off site
    1999 - Off site

2002 - All Star Movies
    2003 - 3 Day Disney Cruise & Port Orleans Riverside
    Next trip - Sometime in 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Here is an article from INTERCOT's Info Central on romantic ideas. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Casey (aka DisneyWizard, Wizzy)

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I love to take a leisurely stroll around World Showcase. We stop every so often at the countries to sit and take in the atmosphere.

15 DAYS UNTIL THE MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Today we are shapers of the world of tomorrow."<br />°O°<br />child - off site - day trip MK<br />Nov. 98 Cont. 4 days<br />Dec. 99 Cont. 4 days<br />July 01 Swan 4 days<br />Dec. 01 Swan 4 days<br />May 02 Swan 4 1/2 days<br />Dec. 02 Coronado Springs and Swan 5 days<br />May 03 All Star Sports and Swan 5 days<br />Oct. 03 Swan 4 days<br />Dec. 03 Swan and AKL 3 days<br />Mar. 04 Swan 5 days<br />Oct. 04 Pop Cent. and Swan 4 1/2 days

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's romantic when my husband agrees to take me to disney for the millionth time when he is not a Disney fan. It makes the whole experience that much more romantic. [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Watch the fireworks and water padgent parade from the Poly beach.
    "Please stand clear of doors, por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas. The monorail will be departing NOW!"

John D Guest

I love it when my wife and I emerge from the train station area onto Main Street and walk towards the Castle hand in hand. It doesn't matter that we are pushing a double stroller, we are on our honeymoon all over again. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Only 207 more days!

Post Thanks / Like

Most Romantic Moments!!!

Magic Kingdom: Any "cuddle ride" and anything involving Cinderella's Castle

Epcot: Illuminations,Spaceship Earth, and Dining in France

MGM: Telling your girl she's cuter than Jasmine [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]

Animal Kingdom: Face it; romance is dead in the animal world

Resorts: Waking up at the GF and holding your woman in your arms as you stare at the window, knowing you are together, in love, and in the happiest place on Earth.

In case anyone's wondering; the most romantic part of Universal Studios is when Jaws pops out of the water. [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    86- Offsite
    95- Offsite
    01- All-Star Music
    03- Offsite
    05- Polynesian and Pop Century
    07- All-Star Music
    07- Beach Club
    08 - Pop Century
    09- Old Key West

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: