Quantcast ride restrictions for someone who is pregnant?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone, I will be at DW the first part of november and hopefully pregnant at that time...we find out in a few days So my question is...besides the obvious rides that I will be unable to do, all mountains,ToT,RnRC, are there others that will be off limits? What about Kali River Rapids, or the Backlot tour? I guess all simulator type rides are out too...hmmm just wondering
    “Do all the good you can,
    By all the means you can,
    In all the ways you can,
    In all the places you can,
    At all the times you can,
    To all the people you can,
    As long as ever you can.”
    -John Wesley

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all Congratulations in advance (I hope).

I would definately stay away from Stars Tours and Body Wars. They are definate trouble. If you request it you can go watch the movie in a special room but won't get thrown around on the ride.

I rode BTMRR when I was pregnant with no trouble but I was 6 months along. If you are within the first trimester something might actually be more dangerous than in the second. My best advice is to speak to your doctor frankly and specifically regarding what rides you can and can't go on.

Have a great vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] My wife and I are going to down in Oct. She will be 6 months by then. Our doctor said she will be fine and to have fun. But not to ride any jarring rides and to just ask the CM, they should know. During their conversation they both got excited about talking about Disney World he said he was going to call and plan another trip with his DF. We will let you know when we get back how it went. Have fun!!
    "Man the tiller and hold on tight...there be strong water ahead"<br />"Dead men tell no tales - Dead men tell no tales"<br /><br />Last Trip: Oct. 13-19 AS-Movies<br />Next Trip: TBA

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully I can send you congratulations!! There seem to be a lot of moms-to-be on this list right now. I'm 8 months pregnant now.

We were at WDW in May and June, and I must say, that I was a lot more comfortable during the May trip than I was during the June trip! Not only was I a bit bigger, but it was a lot hotter in June.

Yes, there will be rides that you can't go on. Any of the jarring rides will be a really bad idea, as someone else mentioned. There are still a lot of rides you can go on, and you can still have a lot of fun. I must point out that before we went in June, I asked folks on the list if they thought that I would be okay going on Pirates. The consensus was that it would be fine, it's just a little dip, no big deal. So, I went on it. And, I have to say that it made me really uncomfortable. So, my point here is that you have to judge for yourself what will be too much and what will be okay (you and your doctor together). What is too much for one person might be fine for someone else.

Will you still be in your first trimester when you go? That will affect things too. You might be really tired, so you might want to take it easy, take frequent breaks. It might not be as hot then as it is now, but still remember to drink lots of water. You will be doing a lot of walking, and if you get dehydrated, you could get dizzy. And remember, soda doesn't count, it has to be something healthy.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the list I came across...

Splash Mountain
    Big Thunder MRR
    Mad Tea Party
    The Barnstormer
    Space Mountain
    Test Track
    Body Wars
    ToT
    RnRC
    Star Tours
    Kilimanjaro Safari
    Kali River Rapids
    Primevil Whirl
    Dinosaur

This is not byy any means an official list. I actually took the info from someone posting on another board [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
    Jan 93 Disney Villa's
    May 96 Port Orleans
    Apr 97 Off Prop.
    Oct 98 All Star Music
    May 01 All Star Sports
    Feb 02 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    May 02 Beach Club
    Sep 02 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Oct 02 Polynesian
    Feb 03 Polynesian
    Oct 04 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Dec 07 Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it depends on how far along you are and what your doctor says. I know someone who was 8 months pregnant and was told by her doctor that Splash M and Big Thunder M were ok, but ride simulators like Star Tours and Body Wars or anything that really shook you around are never ok when pregnant.
    "Why Worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it better." WD

Post Thanks / Like

I too also know someone who rode Splash at about 5 months and she was fine.....but to me Splash isn't really very jerky, I guess it's if you can deal with the hills? I don't have children though so I can't speak from first hand riding while pregnant experience.
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

This is what we were told by our Dr. Your mileage may vary.

My wife was told that she could only ride after 4 weeks and less than 12. After 12, the child is not protected by the pelvic bone. Any ride that places pressure or could impact the lower torso is to be avoided. That rules out many rides based on the restraint system employed.

Remember this much though: Disney and your Dr. are going to do everything it can to avoid a lawsuit so no one is going to tell you "its ok." The best most of them will say is that it will "probably be fine, but they can't say for sure." The most obvious decision is to play it safe.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: