Quantcast Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade Information

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade Information

Concept: In this parade, unique to Disney's Animal Kingdom, Mickey and his friends are out on a jungle safari. This wild adventure features 5 character jeeps, dozens of animal puppets, and a whole bunch of Disney characters!

Parade Route: Animal Kingdom Parades step off by the Tusker House Gate in Africa. From there, they travel through Africa and over the bridge onto Discovery Island. The parade circles Discovery Island, and crosses the bridge into Asia. From there, it takes a left, and follows the pathway back to Africa. Back in Africa, the parade finishes where it started, by the Tusker House Gate.

This parade has always been staged at 4pm. I wouldn't expect a change anytime soon. It takes about 15 minutes to pass.

This is a very unique parade, because you can see it twice in just one showing. Get a spot in Africa, and watch the parade go by. Then, try walking the Forest Walking Trail, and getting a bite to eat. The parade will return, and you can watch it all over again! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Parade Lineup:

</font>
    • The parade is filled with 5 Character Safari Jeeps (Opening/Rafiki, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Mickey/Finale)</font>
    • 4 Drum Floats Sculputred like animals (Elephant, Lion, etc)</font>
    • 3 Rickshaw Taxis carrying Disney Guests ( you could be chosen!)</font>
    • 8 animal puppets (Snake, etc)</font>
    • Disney characters Galore!</font>
    • 10 Party Animal stiltwalkers</font>
    • 10 Party Patrols (Disney Cast Memebers)</font>
    Ramblings
    This is Animal Kingdom's first full-scale parade. Before, the walkways were too narrow (Animal Kingdom was designed this way, so full sized floats wouldn't fit through the streets), and the sound system was lacking for a parade. March of the ARTimals was short lived, and Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade is alive and upbeat.

As Mickey says, "We're Jamming in the Jungle to the Rythm of One!"
    <b>Eddy</b> <br /><br /><i>"Remember the Magic"</i> <br /><br /><i><b>*Happy Holidays!*</b></i><br /><br /><b>Next up:</b><br /><i>All Star Sports</i>-<b>February 2003</b><br /><br /><b>12</b> weeks and counting!<br /><br /><b><i>"We Go On"</i></b>

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hey Eddy, thanks for the great information!

My DS and I were going over our WDW vacation binder and he was asking about the Jammin' Jungle parade. I can now provide the information to him and it will make his day.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

[ September 11, 2002, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Toughbug ]
    ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

HURRICANE KATRINA SURVIVOR

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Toughbug:
    Thanks and keep up the great work.
    No problem. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Sorry it took so long between Information posts. Tapestry of Dreams is next--hopefuly within a week! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>Eddy</b> <br /><br /><i>"Remember the Magic"</i> <br /><br /><i><b>*Happy Holidays!*</b></i><br /><br /><b>Next up:</b><br /><i>All Star Sports</i>-<b>February 2003</b><br /><br /><b>12</b> weeks and counting!<br /><br /><b><i>"We Go On"</i></b>

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by MKPlutoGuy:
    As Mickey says, "We're Jamming in the Jungle to the Rythm of One!"
    I walked behind Mickey's float from Africa to Discovery Island last week, and I think it's "Rhythm of fun".

"Rhythm of One" just doesn't make much sense.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

It is definately "Jammin in the Jungle to the Rhythm of One".

I think this is the best parade at WDW and everyone should see it. It is so much fun. It combines the awesome puppets like in Tapestry and adds the characters with a very upbeat song. It can't get any bettter [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, its "one" I worked the parade everyday when i worked at AK, and its one...I find it to be the best parade for kids in disney...very up beat, easy to dance to and alot of interaction.
    First Trip: 1990 Fort Wilderness Campground
    1990-2006: Annual Pass Holder
    2002: Spring WDW College Program
    2005: First Disneyland Trip
    2007: Double Tree Suites DTD
    Engagement Trip
    11/6/2007 - 11/13/09 Regal Sun Resort DTD
    Next Trip
    Honeymoon
    9/1/09 - 9/10/09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by joelkfla:
    I think what the song writers meant by this is everyone is one people, one voice. We're all connected together, some way or another, and that's what the writers wanted to potray to the guests. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by MKPlutoGuy:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by joelkfla:
    I think what the song writers meant by this is everyone is one people, one voice. We're all connected together, some way or another, and that's what the writers wanted to potray to the guests. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]OK, I'll believe y'all. But I still think it's a strange way to end the song.

[ September 11, 2002, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: joelkfla ]
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget to dance.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Eddy! I was wondering if you ever would write another of these posts. By the way, it is definitely "one"! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: