Quantcast Attraction of the Week 12-16 -- It’s Tough to be a Bug!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

[img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img] Scary - Dark - Smelly & Loud [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img]

This show scared the bejeebies out of my oldest son. I’m not too fond of the reality factor either. But, it is wonderfully done. [img]redface.gif[/img] It was the bee sting that did my son in. We just don’t like bugs. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] That being said; My husband and little guy love this show. Jer & I go shopping.

I do love the fact that you can get an awesome view of the Tree of Life carvings - while in line. The interior queue is also great. The movie posters are hilarious. -- Plus it’s cool in there, when the sun is baking you outside. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Line Game: Find the Orphan Ant that wears a red dress.

What do you think? Is this a *must do* for you and yours?
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

This is a must-do for us now. I loved hearing the screams move across the room as the cockroaches and other bugs went to leave!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the special effects on this attraction, and when we went we didnt have to wait in line at all! Though, there was a lot of walking to do to get from the entrance to the theatre, but it was worth it! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    <b>Eddy</b> <br /><br /><i>"Remember the Magic"</i> <br /><br /><i><b>*Happy Holidays!*</b></i><br /><br /><b>Next up:</b><br /><i>All Star Sports</i>-<b>February 2003</b><br /><br /><b>12</b> weeks and counting!<br /><br /><b><i>"We Go On"</i></b>

Post Thanks / Like

We love this attraction! It's a must-do when going to the AK.

A hint for parents: either have a jacket on your little one, or hang one over the back of the bench. The first time we went, it was freezing so we had on sweatshirts and jackets and didn't even feel the bee sting. This year the weather was better [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] but I did have my little guy lean forward when the bee sting was coming up.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I always see this show first when I go to AK, I then proceed to say "never again". I then do it first next time I'm in AK. It's a vicious cycle. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

On our first trip we skipped this due to the fact that I thought my daughters would never forgive me for Honey, I Shrunk The Audience. They absolutely flipped out and I wasn't going through that again. We decided to try it on our second trip since I heard so many good things about it. It is now a must-do. We all Love it. Well maybe not my husband he still goes with us. He's a salesman with an exterminating company, you'd think he could handle a few fake bugs.
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I love this show! It was a little nerve-wracking the first time, not knowing what to expect, but now I have a great time noticing all the details (and watching everyone else jump!)

BTW, I am also one of those people who sits forward so that I don't feel the bee sting. I just hate being jabbed in the back....but I love it at the end when all the "VIP" guests are allowed to exit first! [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img]
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

One of the few great attractions at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park. The effects are amazing and the show is extremly funny.

"Uh-Oh ... Out of amo .... I'll be back!"

[img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]
    November 1999: Old Key West -- Millennium Celebration<br />November 2000: Old Key West -- Millennium Celebration<br />December 2002: Old Key West -- 100 Years of Magic Celebration<br /><br />ºOº<b>Future WDW Trips:</b>ºOº<br />June 2004: Old Key West<br /><br /><b>"I didn't spend 6 years in evil medical school to be called Mr. thank you very much "</b><br /><i>From: Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery</i><br /><br /><b>"I think he suffered from mood swings personally. I'm not a therapist in any way but .. you let me know when I'm rambling."</b><br /><i>From: Treasure Planet</i>

Post Thanks / Like

Love the show! The only parts I'm not that thrilled with are the bee sting and the stink bug. The priority exit, though, is a scream!
    Karen

--------------------------------

Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.

Question everything!

Post Thanks / Like

This is a definate must do for our family!! We love everything about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I love this ride! Its a great show, its a must do when I go in February! I'll have to warn Doug about the bee sting though...he's a big baby when it comes to bees...

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Disney2002 Guest

This is most certainly the best thing at the AK right now. It's one of the few attractions in the park that I really wanted to do over again... much unlike any of the other rides....

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely love this attraction! I can't wait to go on next time we go. I agree, waiting in line looking at the tree is really cool. I was leaning forward when the bee sting came out, so I didn't get "stung".
    "Behold, the Great Millenium Walk..." TTFN - Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

For all us first timers---when is the bee sting!! When should we lean forward?????
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I love this attraction. Especially since I love the movie. However, I do put my feet up in the seat as soon as I sit down. It is so wierd how something so silly can scare me. My husband always gets mad at me because I won't put my feet down. I may get a little scared at ITTBAB, but it is no comparison to Alien Encounter.
    IT'S TOUGH TO BE A BUG IS THE BEST!!!!!!!
    Cute as can be!!!
    3 DAYS LEFT TIL WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    "Today we are shapers of the world of tomorrow."<br />°O°<br />child - off site - day trip MK<br />Nov. 98 Cont. 4 days<br />Dec. 99 Cont. 4 days<br />July 01 Swan 4 days<br />Dec. 01 Swan 4 days<br />May 02 Swan 4 1/2 days<br />Dec. 02 Coronado Springs and Swan 5 days<br />May 03 All Star Sports and Swan 5 days<br />Oct. 03 Swan 4 days<br />Dec. 03 Swan and AKL 3 days<br />Mar. 04 Swan 5 days<br />Oct. 04 Pop Cent. and Swan 4 1/2 days

Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by momof4:
    For all us first timers---when is the bee sting!! When should we lean forward?????
    Thanks!
    <hr></blockquote>

The bee sting comes about half way through the movie. The first part is Flik and cute little bugs. When Hopper comes and the bugs retaliate, get ready. The theatre gets pretty dark and you'll hear buzzing. That's when you can expect it to happen. All it is is a little rubber thing that protrudes from the back of the seat. While it doesn't hurt, it's just one of those things that takes you by surprise and makes you wet your pants. If you know it's coming, it's no big deal. Either experience it or just lean forward for a minute. (I like to lean forward but put my hand on it. That way I feel it without getting too freaked out!)
    Born: 1982<br />Visits: 50+, lost count!<br />Nut?: YES!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh most definetly. It is a very well done, thrilling, intense but still funny and light hearted! I must admit the bee sting scared the livin **** outta me but I still loved every minute of it! This is a definite MUST do for me and my family!
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

The first time I did this attraction, I liked it okay but I did not really think it was great. Back in June, I was at Disney's California Adventure and they have this attraction. I did it at DCA and I enjoyed much more and now it is one of my favorite shows. I always lean up to avoid the bee sting in the back because I hate that part. It think this attraction is the most intense attraction in WDW as far as the frightening factor.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

While it's not a "must do" for us, we always do it. [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img] I love Hopper and the sensory effects are a lot of fun. I think the stink bug is one of the best effects! The black widows are pretty neat too.....
    Casey (aka DisneyWizard, Wizzy)

Post Thanks / Like

This is definitely a must see attraction for me. I think the effects are great. I can see how little kids can get scared, espicially of Hopper, but for those without a fear of bugs it's GREAT!!
    Sarah
    "Everybody wants to be a cat!!"

1/12-VWL; 9/11-SSR-Grandstand; 5/11-SSR-Grandstand **First DVC Stay!!**; 10/10-POFQ; 9/09-AKL **Honeymoon**; 2/07-SSR- Paddock; 3/04-AKL; 5/01-DL Paris; 3/01-VWL; 12/00-Off-Site; 1/99-AS Music; 2/97-AS Sports; 2/95-AS Music; 6/93-OKW
    And many times prior...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: