Quantcast Gilmore Girls - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

Post Thanks / Like

I was so thrilled to have Luke and Lorelie getting back together. I'm really glad the writers didn't make us wait too long for their reunion. Her mom is a piece of work - as if they're being back together could make up for her manipulations! I though it was pretty cool this week how Rory gave Logan a taste of his own medicine - he really didn't like that!
    Munch
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.
    Abraham Lincoln
    (1809 - 1865)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Resurrecting this thread.....

Are Luke and Lorelai still together?

I just started watching this show on ABC Family - and I am at the part where Rory cheated with Dean (so out of character - I would have been annoyed had I been watching it live at the time........) and when Luke and Lorelai got together.

Those two need to get married already and produce a baby Luke.......

And - does anyone know why a teenaged Lorelai would name her baby after herself? Seems weird to me.

Thanks!!!

PS - don't worry about spoiling anything for me - I am one of those that reads ahead in books, and reads any spoiler I can get my hands on.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant
    Are Luke and Lorelai still together?

I just started watching this show on ABC Family - and I am at the part where Rory cheated with Dean (so out of character - I would have been annoyed had I been watching it live at the time........) and when Luke and Lorelai got together.

Those two need to get married already and produce a baby Luke.......

And - does anyone know why a teenaged Lorelai would name her baby after herself? Seems weird to me.

Thanks!!!

PS - don't worry about spoiling anything for me - I am one of those that reads ahead in books, and reads any spoiler I can get my hands on.
    Well in this past season, Lorelai and Luke were together but they sort of had a few rough patches, and their wedding was postponed. The season finale had Lorelai in bed with Rory's father, Christopher and previews I've seen on TV lead me to think Luke and Lorelai will be breaking up...again.

As for Lorelai naming Rory after her, I could swear there was an episode early on in the series where she explained that - maybe something about getting back at her family or the drugs she was on from the labor, or something. I'm sure some other die-hards will be able to answer that one.

I just got into Gilmore Girls in the past year via ABCFamily and I've seen pretty much every episode from the pilot until the last season and I am hooked now!

*Shannon
    Stayed at: *ASMu *ASSp *POR *POP *CBR *CSR *WDW Dolphin *CR *AKL *Poly GVC & LVC *BWI

WDWCP Alumni
    Fall Advantage 2002
    Attractions Hostess-Wonders of Life-Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

It's so great! I hope this season doesn't go downhill- with the producers leaving. I want a final season with a bang!

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I've also liked this show. I watched it when it started, and probably would have stopped watching (only because of watching other shows) except for I have a friend who loves the show, but was always working. I started recording entire season for her, and sending the DVD, that's usually when I watch it now, just before I sent them off. I do enjoy the writing, though sometimes the conversations are a little over the top.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad I'm not the only one watching this show!!! I think it is one of the best shows on TV now, and can't wait for the new season to start!!!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the show a little when it first came out, then when I was at the car dealership several weeks ago having my car worked on they had ABC Family on and I saw part of a show. Then on Tuesday they played two episodes. I caught the last half of the first show and the entire second episode. I've seen some here and there, but we don't really watch all that much tv these days, so I probably won't watch it as appointment tv, but who knows. My fiance just HAS TO watch "The Office" and "My Name Is Earl" and all I watch is "Days of Our Lives." This is a cute show though, it's neat to see how long it's been running, I was so much younger when it first came out, it's strange!

I must say that from what I've seen, I do not like Emily's mother. What is that about? I've only seen that one and a half episode of late, but still...
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone saw the season finale.

I haven't watched the show this year because Lorelai actually married Christopher - which was so stupid!

But I had heard that her and Luke would rediscover each other, so I tuned in.

You can tell the original creators left - but I thought it was a decent show considering.....
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I have to say, I loved the finale. It made me believe that that little town and those people just carried on as if it were still going. I loved Lorelei getting back to Luke and Rory going off to work and no bizarre series ending changes that didn't fit the characters.
    I'll miss Lane and Zach!

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I agree the finale was good and very fitting. I'm not unhappy at all with how it ended which isn't usually the case. It was sad how things went down with the original creators and early on this season was not great. But the last few episodes, the show really got its stride back and definitely ended well. I will miss the GG and Stars Hollow. At least I have my DVD sets.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

I will also miss it. It was my fave I watched it from day one. I am also glad it ended on a high note.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I was quite pleased with how they ended the series. If they went on another season it wouldn't carry out well, what with Rory off in the world and all.

I'm so happy Loreli & Luke got back together and I'm equally pleased that Rory & Logan broke up (never liked him). Lane & Zach will live happily ever after and Loreli & her parents will continue the Friday night dinners. And of course the citizens of Stars Hollow will remain their colorful selves (I've grown so attached to Kirk, Taylor, Miss Patti, and Babette).

I have the first 6 seasons on DVD and will certainly buy the 7th when it comes out.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

I hated this final season of the show, and stop watching about halfway through it. I did see the final episode since I am sending the DVD to a friend. An OK ending I thought, the characters seemed to be back to themselves, unlike they have been for a while. The series should have ended last year. As Randy Jackson would say ... just OK for me, just OK.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

My DW and I were absolutely addicted to the first six seasons...but we only watched one episode this season...we were pointing out all the plotholes, and resurrected plot lines to each other. We thought they just got bored, but then we found out about what happened with the original writers. It was obvious that, to save the final season, they just went back through the old scripts, and plagiarized what they could.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

The series finale was ok but almost seemed rushed to finish all of the story lines. They should have given it a 2 hour series finale episode as they have done with other WB and CW shows.
    7/90-6CB
    F/N97ASSP
    F/N98ASSP
    Jan/Nv99ASM
    7/00CB
    7/01ASM
    F/N 02ASM
    2/03ASM
    11/03DL-OFF
    F/N 04PC
    F/N 05PC
    11/06PC
    6/07PC
    10/07PC
    2/08PC
    9/08PC
    6/09PC
    2/10PC
    5/11PC
    5/12PC
    8/13Off
    10/13PC
    5/14PC
    6/14Off
    10/14AKLKV
    5/15PC
    7/15Off
    10/15SSR
    5/16SSR
    9/16SSR
    6/17PC
    5/18PC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    The series finale was ok but almost seemed rushed to finish all of the story lines. They should have given it a 2 hour series finale episode as they have done with other WB and CW shows.
    I agree. The gang deserved more of a send-off than they got.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Lauren Graham was on "Ellen" and said she didn't know it was the series finale until after it was filmed, which is why there wasn't much build-up for it.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCF View Post
    Lauren Graham was on "Ellen" and said she didn't know it was the series finale until after it was filmed, which is why there wasn't much build-up for it.
    That would bite to be an actor and put your heart into something then have that happen, to not even know that was it.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. The network should have at least warned the actors that this would be the last show... And I think it deserved 2 hours not just 1!
    *~*Kate*~*
    "Just keep swimming!" ~ Dory
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers..." ~ Haunted Mansion
    "I give myself very good advice but I very seldom follow it."
    ~ Alice

Past trips: Too many to count.

Next trip:
    September 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

Gilmore girls was not renewed because Lauren and Alexis B. did not want to do another season. I believe they wanted to do a shorter season then cw wanted also I believe Alexis really just was not interested. However there is hope for a 2 hour movie according to tv guide. The best thing is that the original writers would do the movie Let's just hope all the actors will be on board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: