I just plain love the concept of this restaurant, so when we got a reservation for this last visit I was really happy about it.

The setup is very well done, with the 220 mile trip on the beanstalk elevator going quickly. The waitress played along when she asked how was our trip up, and I joked it was so smooth it seemed like we didn't even leave Earth. We love it when the waitstaff will do things like that, and it creates a quick bond.

We ordered drinks and multiple appetizers, keeping a bit of a running tab in my mind bearing in mind at least a 20% tip. Since this was our 30th Anniversary trip, we went all out. Multiple appetizers, we ran through about half the drink menu and loved them all - then the entrees, and dessert. And, because it was our 30th anniversary there was a special dessert.

We were very impressed with our server - to the point where I had her get the manager so we could compliment her directly. The restaurant is NOT run by Disney - so if you go there and like anything the best thing to do is compliment the duty manager so the server will get the credit.

The only thing disappointing to me is the condition of the Mission: Space attraction at this point. The central Globe is out for refurbishment, and the rest of the attraction definitely is showing a lot of wear. Seeing this when it first opened and comparing it to now... well, it's not been taken care of properly, and that's sad.

In fact, we noticed in a lot of places it seemed like Disney was skimping on cleaning/maintenance. The new Tron Lightcycle Run is downright dirty around a lot of the canopy supports to the point where it seemed more like a Six Flags at the end of the season than a Disney attraction. But - that's a comment for another time. I'm hoping that will change, and in a couple of years things will be better.

Overall? I'd say 9.5 out of 10. The only thing I'd have liked better would have been to be closer to the windows - we were pretty far from them but we still got a great view. And, with a great meal with the love of my life - it was well worth the bill.