Been a long time since I posted but I couldn’t let this one go by.

For 20 years I went to wdw at least once a year. Solo trips, family vacations and golf outings with the boys. I haven’t been to the parks in at least 5 years.

My son turns 21 in January and asked for a father son trip to celebrate. (Drink around the world dad!! Lol) My last trip to wdw will be February 2023. 4 nights, 2 park days 4000$. I can travel 10 days to Italy for less than a 1 week wdw trip. The word “value” no longer has any meaning with respect to Disney. My wife and I are both professionals and can be considered fairly affluent. It’s not that I don’t have the money, it’s just not worth the money.

Disneys no longer competing with six flags, they’re competing with Pompei, the Tower of London and Versailles. For my part, small world doesn’t hold a candle to the real thing.

5 years ago i bought some backpacking gear and started hitting the backcountry in our national parks instead. Now my yearly solo/boys trips are spent wandering through Yellowstone, the smokies, canyonlands, the sierras and all the wild spaces out there. The wife and I Vrbo a home in Jackson hole and eat a picnic at the real artist’s point for about half of what it would cost to visit Disney’s imitation.

I’m not hating on Disney. It’s a business trying to make a buck. But when your business model starts to shed hard core fans that can afford the prices, you’re in trouble.

One last lazy afternoon sipping cocktails in the Epcot sun and I’m done. Disney holds some great memories for me but all good things…..