I recently took a trip to ride the Royal Gorge train in Colorado. As I was going over my bank account to check my expenses, I noticed there were three charges that I didn't make. One of which was $70 for Uber Eats. I called my bank, which cancelled my card and issued me credit for the charges. He said my card would arrive in about 10 days. Standard stuff. I know a large percentage of us have to deal with fraud.

This though is where it became something that not everyone may know about. 2 days after that conversation with the bank, an $80 charge for Uber Eats appeared. Now, I have never used Uber Eats, and I hadn't received my new bank card. It had only been 2 days, so I didn't think anyone could have received my new bank card.

I called the bank back again. The guy said it had been a charge to my card ending in 6181. I told him that I never had a card ending in 6181 and asked if he could see what the new card coming ended in. It was 6181. After a few minutes, he said the new card was attached to my digital wallet. Up until that point, I had no idea what a digital wallet was or that it even existed. I asked him how someone could get my new card info to attach to a digital wallet when I didn't even have the card. He told me that when someone gets a new card, it automatically updates to the digital wallet. I managed to tell him in a civil manner that that was a stupid idea.

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what could happen.