Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
It seems to have gone pretty well.

They've had to tweak some things already, for example the original policy allowed masks-off when guests were eating or drinking, but as usually happens, people found ways to take advantage of that by walking around with a water bottle in hand and claiming they were drinking so they didn't have to wear their masks. The new policy basically doesn't allow that walking around loophole.
Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
People need to be able to drink though or else they will have people dropping from dehydration like flies.
Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
And they can. They just have to stop in place to do it.
Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
Ok. That would be a pain in the butt when dashing from place to place, but it is better than not drinking at all. Without fast passes, I suppose there's probably a lot of standing in line too. People would be able to drink then.
This discussion is a perfect example of why I just simply do not need to go during all of this mask nonsense.

I walk fast, it is hot, I sweat and I need something to drink. I drink while I am walking. So if they actually do say something to you and try to enforce the no walking and drinking, then I would constantly be arguing with the CM's. The end result would be instead of me removing my mask while walking and while not close to anyone, I would then wait until I got to the attraction standing still in line and I would then remove my mask and drink. It is one of those trying to enforce one rule results in a worse situation kind of deals. The last place you want everyone removing their masks and drinking is in line. They can't make a rule of no drinking while in waiting in lines because someone would certainly fall out from dehydration and possibly die and then they would have a multi-million dollar lawsuit on their hands. They may end up with a few of them before this is all over with anyway due to heat exhaustion or dehydration.

I have been thinking about it the past week or so since they opened back up and all the mask rules have been coming out. I don't know that any of it really affects me very much anyway because I have been so unhappy with all of the Fastpass+ nonsense, parking fees and so forth that I had no intentions of going in the next couple of years anyway so either way it all works out the same. I do hope some good comes of all of this and they take advantage of the opportunity to make some changes in areas where they knew they had created their own mess but couldn't figure out how to back out of it. It would be an excellent time to change Fastpass to where you can't make them until you are physically in the park. It would be fine with me if they did the same thing with dining or at least withheld a good percentage of dining reservations to be used day of by in park guests.