We just got back from a week at WDW, and like always, had ADR's at Sanaa. This has consistently been our favorite for years now. We love the service and atmosphere and have never had an issue. Until this trip. We checked in 15 minutes early, and ended up waiting 45 minutes to be seated. The Cm's at the check in station were borderline rude. I am not a difficult person- I like to greet people and generally am laid back. But this guy was really not friendly at all. He asked my name then cut me off right as I was trying to spell it for him (we have a weird last name that usually requires spelling...it sounds nothing like its spelled). He cut me off mid-sentence and handed me a pager and said go sit down. Um ok. We ended up waiting 45 minutes. I get it. It's not his fault. But please don't be so snippy. I get that things get behind. But don't make it so unpleasant.

We get seated and our server comes. I have always had the best service here. We love this place and I want to give it another chance. But I feel things have gone downhill. She was just not a great server. She seemed really peaved that we had kids with us- who btw were reading and drawing...they are not the run around and scream kind. I'm not sure what her deal was. I was not happy with the service at all. I would send in a comment- where do I do that? She was not up to par at all with our usual service. We ordered 2 wine flights and she haphazardly plonked down 6 wine glasses, turned on her heel, and left. No explanation, no enjoy. Nothing. I had to get my phone out to try to figure out what we had just been served. This has never happened here to us, especially not at Sanaa. Last year we had the most attentive server who thoroughly explained the flight to us, checked in on us, etc... We ended up waiting almost an hour for our food. And again, she plopped the food in front of us and ran.

I'm heartbroken that our favorite place has come to this. Maybe she was having a bad night. Maybe everyone that night decided to sit and stay 30 minutes over their projected dinner reservation. But still. This place has always had such good food and such an amazing atmosphere. Does anyone have any redeeming, recent stories about Sanaa? I was sorely disappointed and we left feeling very bereft of magic. It's such a shame. The food is so good. And the wine is excellent...if you can figure out what it is!