Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
Yes, this is me. I had a lot of hope for the new stuff but have found it to be pretty disappointing. That would have been ok if I still had all the old stuff I loved. They are taking that away also though.
I understand that there will be people visiting for the first time who will love all the new stuff or there will be returning guests who are glad that the things they thought were stale are gone. That just isn't how my brain works.

Could you imagine if you walked into Fantasyland and all it had was two rides and a bunch of retail shopping? What if Tomorrowland was only Space Mountain and Monsters Inc?

I don't mind paying extra for quality, but I don't think this is Disney quality any more. I don't think anything they will make in the future will be Disney quality either. The company needs another Renaissance.
I agree with much of what you are saying. Although, I will say that I have liked some of the new stuff they have done. I think Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog, and the Frozen Ride are all really well done. The River Journey ride is enjoyable, except it is way too short. This is typical of Disney of late. Only adding 2 rides to a new land, shortening ride concepts, changing a ride rather than building new, etc.... It seems like the ability to do things well is still there, but the efforts often fall short because of their business model.