Quantcast Big Announcement From Universal

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Announcement From Universal

August 1.... Just one week away from, new park announcement??????????

Fingers crossed....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Something else Harry Potter?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing else Harry Potter, not directly anyway....

I believe we'll hear about the replacement for T2 show (Jason Bourne is the rumored replacement), maybe some HHN reveals, maybe a new parade.... And the biggie, Fantastic Worlds theme park... Not sure if they will give full details on the park yet, such as lands and attractions.... I think, if anything, they will include Nintendoland and hub/entrance theme... I'm not sure we'll get full compliment of lands...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

miss the T2 show. idk how things will appeal to me..andddd lets see Disneys response
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    miss the T2 show. idk how things will appeal to me..andddd lets see Disneys response
    I'm not sure Disney feels the need to respond... They are redoing Epcot, so that will practically be a new park (BTW watch for details at D23!!!)... They have Galaxy's Edge opening.... The Star Wars hotel is vertical... 2021 will feature the 50th celebration, maybe lasting into 2022... I think after the 50th, Disney will go into a slight lull... 2023 and into 2024 is Universal's time to shine with their new theme park, possibly new hotel next to the theme park, and new entertainment district much like CityWalk...

By 2025 Disney will be ready to go big again...

Post Thanks / Like

Universal is one of the few reasons I may head back to Orlando. However, let's see what they plan to do. I'd like to see more at SeaWorld too, especially without the Killer Whale show.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Universal is one of the few reasons I may head back to Orlando. However, let's see what they plan to do. I'd like to see more at SeaWorld too, especially without the Killer Whale show.
    I believe SeaWorld is getting a coaster... I could be wrong... I really don't follow SeaWorld...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    August 1.... Just one week away from, new park announcement??????????

Fingers crossed....
    Rumored new park, where is that going in relation to the existing parks/City Walk?

We went for the first time this past May and I'm definitely hooked
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    Rumored new park, where is that going in relation to the existing parks/City Walk?

We went for the first time this past May and I'm definitely hooked
    The new park will be a few miles down the road... I want to say somewhere between 2 to 4 miles... At a plot of land across from the Convention Center...

Universal released a little teaser about the August 1st announcement simply saying something EPIC is coming.. They put EPIC in bold and caps... I'm thinking EPIC may be the name of the new park.. Universal's Epic Adventures...

11. Thanks barnaby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The new park will be a few miles down the road... I want to say somewhere between 2 to 4 miles... At a plot of land across from the Convention Center...

Universal released a little teaser about the August 1st announcement simply saying something EPIC is coming.. They put EPIC in bold and caps... I'm thinking EPIC may be the name of the new park.. Universal's Epic Adventures...
    Well, you were right about Epic being in the name.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

13. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Well, you were right about Epic being in the name.
    Only cause their announcement of an announcement said something EPIC coming LOL...

Looking at the concept art... I believe we can see Nintendoland, Classic Monsters, one heck of a gorgeous hub... the hotel exiting right into the park, Fantastic Beasts and How to Train Your Dragon... The coaster in the bottom right is a dueling HTTYD coaster... And also, looks like a Pokemon area...

There are also two expansion pads...

Post Thanks / Like

Only cause their announcement of an announcement said something EPIC coming LOL...

Looking at the concept art... I believe we can see Nintendoland, Classic Monsters, one heck of a gorgeous hub... the hotel exiting right into the park, Fantastic Beasts and How to Train Your Dragon... The coaster in the bottom right is a dueling HTTYD coaster... And also, looks like a Pokemon area...

There are also two expansion pads...
    I can't figure out what is what. When you are looking at the hotel (which I presume is the giant building in the upper right of the pictures), what is the pretty purplish area in the upper left? That's where I want to go.

I'm still hoping for a Legend of Zelda area.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with Universal is that the IP for nearly all of their attractions is owned by other studios and companies.

Their biggest franchise the The Fast & The Furious. Warner owns Harry Potter. Disney now owns Marvel and The Simpsons and I'm sure they will want to lock down those licenses sooner than later. So what does that leave Universal beside continuing to license from other studios and companies?

I'm super excited for the Comcast Customer Support Attraction! It takes up to five hours to load while putting you through an endless menu of options that you'll never get to experience only to be tortured with terrible support for 90 seconds once on board. Yay Comcast!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I can't figure out what is what. When you are looking at the hotel (which I presume is the giant building in the upper right of the pictures), what is the pretty purplish area in the upper left? That's where I want to go.

I'm still hoping for a Legend of Zelda area.
    OK looking from the hotel...

Top left if Classic Universal Monsters: land as of now has at least 1 attraction and a show, that large theater in the concept art... The show building looks to be hidden inside the mountains and is rumored to be a Haunted Mansion style ride featuring the Universal Monsters... There is also a small expansion pad for Monsters...

Bottom left: Nintendo.... Top portion is Donkey Kong with the mine cart coaster... bottom section is Mario, with the castle... Large building there is the ride building for Mario Kart... There is another building, smaller show building right off to the side Mario...not sure what that is, maybe a restaurant??? Shops??? Meet and greets???

Between Classic Monsters and Nintendo, that tree area is a future expansion pad rumored to be for Nintendo, and likely Pokemon...

The hub looks futuristic, maybe sort of spacey (not Kevin Spacey!!)... Looks like there are shops, restaurants, the glass dome in the lagoon looks to be a restaurant... Appears to be a carousel looking object there as well... The park entrance NOT from the hotel will take you to this hub... and II love they decided to do hub and spoke.. These hub and spoke layouts are much easier to navigate...

From there, bottom right is the How to Train Your Dragon area... This land will have several flat rides, mostly kiddie, along with family friendly rides... One ride is rumored to be a flying dragon attraction similar to Fight of Passage... Another rumored attraction is a roller coaster themed to the nines like Hagid's in IOA, but more tame and family friendly... Also rumored, a boat attraction possible a mini flume...

From there we see a dueling coaster... This may or may not be IP related... and shouldn't be attached to HTTYD... The roller coaster is another hub attraction....

Moving on up from the dueling coaster, we come across the Mission Space looking building... No idea what this is... Could be a theater, could be a restaurant... could be another attraction... Behind the Mission Space looking building is another huge expansion pad, not rumored to be for anything right now... And across from Mission Space building is what looks like a venue with a restaurant, performance hall, and cafe????

Final land will be Fantastic Beasts... yes more wizarding world without Potter... No news on if this will be themed to Britain, France or NYC... If you look to the far right, you will see two huge show builds... These buildings will house two E ticket attractions... No news or rumors as to what... I will assume, and I could be wrong with my assumption, one will be us entering Newt's suitcase on some adventure....

Then obviously we are back at the hotel... The lagoon with the fountain will be a Bilagio style fountain show with possible seating for people looking to rest and just watch the fountains do their thing...

And the area what i thought looked like Pokemon, by the Monsters area isn't pokemon... no idea what it is but it looks like another piece of hub entertainment...

What I think is cool about this park is... When we enter the lands, we are entering through portals.... Portals that take us inside epic universes... Hence the logo, a portal... Think Stargate....

Post Thanks / Like

What wasn't announced is, across from Universal Way, kind of across from the back of Nintendo land, will be a new themed hotel... and the theme??? Nintendo of course...

Post Thanks / Like

OK looking from the hotel...

From there, bottom right is the How to Train Your Dragon area... This land will have several flat rides, mostly kiddie, along with family friendly rides... One ride is rumored to be a flying dragon attraction similar to Fight of Passage... Another rumored attraction is a roller coaster themed to the nines like Hagid's in IOA, but more tame and family friendly... Also rumored, a boat attraction possible a mini flume...

What I think is cool about this park is... When we enter the lands, we are entering through portals.... Portals that take us inside epic universes... Hence the logo, a portal... Think Stargate....
    Lol. This part had my daughter jumping up and down and screaming for joy.

I'm kind've sad there isn't a Legend of Zelda area, but so far everything else sounds pretty awesome.
    I can't believe how pretty the coloring is in the art. I hope it stays like that when they build it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    The problem with Universal is that the IP for nearly all of their attractions is owned by other studios and companies.

Their biggest franchise the The Fast & The Furious. Warner owns Harry Potter. Disney now owns Marvel and The Simpsons and I'm sure they will want to lock down those licenses sooner than later. So what does that leave Universal beside continuing to license from other studios and companies?

I'm super excited for the Comcast Customer Support Attraction! It takes up to five hours to load while putting you through an endless menu of options that you'll never get to experience only to be tortured with terrible support for 90 seconds once on board. Yay Comcast!
    Its SOP. I don't feel its entirely different than what disney has done. They bought the ideas, content of Marvel, then cranked out the movies. They bought the SW franchise, then cranked out even more horrible films.

I'd like Universal to buy Star Trek, and then see ST Federation. However, they'd probably just build junk like from Discovery, or the trainwreck JJ films, etc.

I believe SeaWorld is getting a coaster... I could be wrong... I really don't follow SeaWorld...
    I'm not looking for more thrill rides, but rather experiences or rides that are truly Seasworld/educational/etc.

I'm kind've sad there isn't a Legend of Zelda area, but so far everything else sounds pretty awesome.
    I can't believe how pretty the coloring is in the art. I hope it stays like that when they build it.
    Your Daughter or you?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome she loved hearing that... Just please remember, these are rumors... nothing is confirmed until Universal confirms it... and even then, nothing is set in stone til actually built...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Its SOP. I don't feel its entirely different than what disney has done. They bought the ideas, content of Marvel, then cranked out the movies. They bought the SW franchise, then cranked out even more horrible films.
    Horrible SW films may be a matter of opinion. I agree that TLJ was an abysmal mess, but we're getting good vibes from ROS coming this December. TFA was a fun nostalgia ride, but Rogue On may be the crowning jewel of the franchise thus far. Solo could have been about 30 minutes shorter, but I liked the concept and was super stoked to see Opie reunited with Lucas and Ford over the film.

That said, Disney paid just over $4B for SW in 2012 and the four films since have box office receipts of nearly $5B. They also paid just over $4B for Marvel back in and those 16 films since have box office receipts of over $18B. Finally, Disney paid just over $7B for Pixar in 2006 and their receipts since have been over $10B on 14 films. And that's just the box office receipts, not to mention all the licensing fees, parks tie-ins and upcoming Disney+ series that will yield subscribers. Sure, Marvel is the super star, but pretty solid investments overall!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Horrible SW films may be a matter of opinion. I agree that TLJ was an abysmal mess, but we're getting good vibes from ROS coming this December. TFA was a fun nostalgia ride, but Rogue On may be the crowning jewel of the franchise thus far. Solo could have been about 30 minutes shorter, but I liked the concept and was super stoked to see Opie reunited with Lucas and Ford over the film.

That said, Disney paid just over $4B for SW in 2012 and the four films since have box office receipts of nearly $5B. They also paid just over $4B for Marvel back in and those 16 films since have box office receipts of over $18B. Finally, Disney paid just over $7B for Pixar in 2006 and their receipts since have been over $10B on 14 films. And that's just the box office receipts, not to mention all the licensing fees, parks tie-ins and upcoming Disney+ series that will yield subscribers. Sure, Marvel is the super star, but pretty solid investments overall!
    So again, Universal is doing what Disney is doing, buying a lot of content.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings