Quantcast Shades of Green VS All-Star for 2 Adult women? Parking at the resort?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
    I've never even seen Shades of Green, but there is a Veteran's rate in January of $164/night with taxes and fees vs. All-star Music with $99 + Tax.

For our dates, it's $492 total at SOG vs $337 (no tickets included).

SOG has coffee maker and fridge, while I believe all of the All-stars only have a fridge. Not a huge deal- I can bring a coffee maker since I live in FL in the winter and am driving over.

What about parking? I read that Disney now charges for parking at the resorts, but don't see the fee listed. That might make it much more even, if SOG doesn't charge for parking.

It's a friend and I, so we need two beds and a fridge. Otherwise, we'll spend all our time at the parks.
    Per the SOG website, self-parking is $9/night. Value resorts are $13/night, increasing to $15 soon.

Having stayed in both places, I'd tend to favor SOG. The rooms are MUCH larger than the All-Stars. SOG was originally the Disney Inn, therefore the room sizes are similar to the other Disney resorts from the same time period--the Poly and the Contemporary. SOG has buses to the parks, but if you don't mind a short walk, SOG is very convenient to the Poly to board the monorail there to MK and to the transportation and ticket center for the monorail to Epcot.

All Stars wins on food though, in my opinion, as the Disney hotel food courts are better.
    DVC Member
    Boston, MA and Celebration, FL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan1979 View Post
    Per the SOG website, self-parking is $9/night. Value resorts are $13/night, increasing to $15 soon.

Having stayed in both places, I'd tend to favor SOG. The rooms are MUCH larger than the All-Stars. SOG was originally the Disney Inn, therefore the room sizes are similar to the other Disney resorts from the same time period--the Poly and the Contemporary. SOG has buses to the parks, but if you don't mind a short walk, SOG is very convenient to the Poly to board the monorail there to MK and to the transportation and ticket center for the monorail to Epcot.

All Stars wins on food though, in my opinion, as the Disney hotel food courts are better.
    Thank you- I was wondering about the busses and frequency- but if we can simply walk to the Poly, I won't have to worry about that at all. We've recently traveled to Europe together, and wearing my fitbit I walked daily between 8 and 11 miles and she's the same way, so a walk definitely will not hurt!

How about getting to Disney Springs for dinner and drinks, if we're out of the parks? Bus from SOG or Poly?

Oh, and do you know if SOG does EMH?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
    Thank you- I was wondering about the busses and frequency- but if we can simply walk to the Poly, I won't have to worry about that at all. We've recently traveled to Europe together, and wearing my fitbit I walked daily between 8 and 11 miles and she's the same way, so a walk definitely will not hurt!

How about getting to Disney Springs for dinner and drinks, if we're out of the parks? Bus from SOG or Poly?

Oh, and do you know if SOG does EMH?
    I think the Disney Springs bus is less frequent than their buses to the parks. But I do remember all the SOG buses following their set schedule pretty closely and being reliable. Though I've only stayed there in January when it's quiet overall.

Like another Intercoter said, you can take the bus from the Poly. Or you could also do an Uber.
    DVC Member
    Boston, MA and Celebration, FL

4. Thanks Yooper thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan1979 View Post

Having stayed in both places, I'd tend to favor SOG. The rooms are MUCH larger than the All-Stars. SOG was originally the Disney Inn, therefore the room sizes are similar to the other Disney resorts from the same time period--the Poly and the Contemporary.
    I agree with you about SOG - definitely my recommendation over All-Stars. But the resort itself was originally The Golf Resort even before Disney Inn and SOG. And it does have some of the larger rooms, as it opened about 2 years after the park and the monorail resorts. I got to stay there decades ago when I used to do more golfing! We loved the place.

Hope you enjoy your trip, Yooper!!

6. Thanks Yooper thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    I agree with you about SOG - definitely my recommendation over All-Stars. But the resort itself was originally The Golf Resort even before Disney Inn and SOG. And it does have some of the larger rooms, as it opened about 2 years after the park and the monorail resorts. I got to stay there decades ago when I used to do more golfing! We loved the place.

Hope you enjoy your trip, Yooper!!
    I had been informed that the original building of this resort was for the executive builders and planners that stayed there during the construction of WDW. Since it was being built basically in the middle of swamp land and cow ranch’s they needed a nearby place to stay. After WDW opened it was the golf resort and Disney Inn. Then the military leased or bought the resort to move the military resort accommodations out of the Contemporary. Now it is a military base and can only be accessed by visitors with military ID’s.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: