For quite a while, it seemed that there were a fair number of complaints about how WDW wasn't changing and keeping up with Universal, or how whenever they were planning to make updates, that the projects got slashed and became shells of what they were supposed to be in order to save money. All true.

My wife and I went to WDW at least once a year, every year, for almost 20 years. Often with family, but sometimes by ourselves. And it seemed that not much changed. In reality, WDW is always changing, but not necessarily in big ways. Little improvements/changes here and there. Like updating the queues to make them interactive. Or introducing a newly themed restaurant. Small stuff.

Our last trip was the Hurricane Irma trip in late 2017. It was a great trip, because most people cleared out, worried about the hurricane. No lines for a couple of days!

We still don't have anything concrete planned, but we're thinking about going back in April 2020 to celebrate our 25th Anniversary, and I was just looking at everything that will have changed between September 2017 and April 2020 (Yes, I know that not all of this will be open in April 2020):

Star Wars Land
Toy Story Land
Epcot entrance/Future World gutting and construction
Space-themed restaurant at Epcot
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway Ride
Japan pavilion signature restaurant
Riviera resort opened
NBA experience
Caribbean Beach resort new massive hotel building
Skyliner transportation
France pavilion Creperie restaurant
France Pavilion ride under construction
O Canada new movie (?)
Illuminations replaced
Tron Coaster well under construction
Guardians of the Galaxy coaster well under construction

That's a lot of changes. We won't recognize Hollywood Studios! Very excited for all of these changes.