Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
He was a smoker and died of lung cancer. Probably not something they want to encourage.

And while I can see how this will be hard for people that do smoke I, for one, am glad that I'm not going to need to walk through clouds of smoke or 'vape'.

And my sister does smoking education. There have been no studies that say that vape is safe - it might not have the same issues as the tars from traditional cigarettes, however the things that are in them may be approved for consumption, that doesn't mean they're okay in your lungs. 'Popcorn lung' is a thing associated with vaping.
No one said vaping was safe. Ofc, anything other than oxygen is bad for you. I said "safer", by far. And I know what's in my vape, so I don't need a study to tell me that I can understand your argument about not wanting to walk through clouds of vape. Again, I agree. But as I stated above, it's all about optics. If a Disney character happens to blow a plume of colored vapor from his mouth at the time that you walked by, you may be a bit annoyed, but you wouldn't be concerned. Now, ofc there aren't any characters that do that, just using it as an example. Its all about optics. If you walked through a vape cloud, you would not only be annoyed, but you would assume some type of health risk was being imposed upon you as well. Due to the optics and misinformation, vape is included in the ban, which I FULLY understand. It just irks me when people try to make vape sound like another hazard, rather than what it was meant for. And that's as a smoking cessation tool. And for the record, there are plenty of juices without diacetyl in it or nicotine, just in case you actually believe that harvard study. Both of which I use. Not to mention the PPM required for second hand to be hazardous is on an industrial level, and certainly not something you would get by passing through a cloud or standing next to someone who is vaping. Also, for the record, there hasn't been any cases proving the correlation between the two, just that further studies are required. Why do vapers feel like they are "above the law" you ask? Because of the reasons the laws were written in the first place. And most of them were combustion and PROVEN second hand health related. And since there is no source of combustion or any proven results, it is rather unfair to blindly group vaping in with smoking. I am happy your sister does cigarette education. You may want her to look into vape as well