Quantcast FastPass+ 60 Days (+10) unfair - Page 2
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Merciantinkerbell, no reason to run for cover. We can respect differing opinions.

    I never did rope drop either and liked the old fastpass system better. I cannot do ToT, RnR, etc , so that may factor into it.

    I would hazard a guess that people who like their days regimented enjoy the new fastpass + system. I don't like being tied down to predetermined plans, so I really don't like it. I also don't like having fastpasses just to use up three. I am sure someone else would like to have those fastpasses that I'm just "meh" about.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    2,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    100% spot on. Get rid of that stupid 60/30 day window. Get rid of the idiotic tier system. Change the system so it's like the first generation of FP that you can get a FP once you enter the gate.

    Unfortunately, Disney has more (intrusive) plans with this technology than you can ever imagine.
    Maybe they should just issue the things they did for Year Of A Million Dreams -- the "Dream Fast Pass" lanyard. It had anywhere from 4 to 8 fastpass 'ticket' stubs on it that could be used any time during a single day. One 'stub' for each (or a set of) attractions with no time window.

    Found these on another site:

    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...m-FP-Front.jpg

    http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/w...1958/001-9.jpg

    http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/p...ersPics/FP.jpg
    -Bud

    Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18 - PC
    5/15 - POR

    Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

    Next up: ????

  4. #23
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am a massive planner and hate FP+. I used to plan my first few days of the trip and then play the "go to the park of whichever bus shows up first" game. In all my September trips before 2 years ago I never even got paper FP's cause I didn't need them; longest wait back then was Soarin at maybe 40 min. I have a picture of Space Mountain at like 11am with a 10 min wait.

    Things have changed drastically in just a few short years. Lines are way longer so if you don't have any FP's you feel gipped. Last year Hurricane Irma caused me to cancel my trip and re-book for a month later. I lost all my 60-day FP's and had to book at 30 days and there was nothing good left; only rides that don't need FP to begin with.

    I agree with the statement that everyone's heads are buried in theirs phones all day. And if the system goes down everything is chaos. I miss a nice, spontaneous trip. Cause even as I type this I know, deep down, that when I'm there and use my first 3 FP's, I'll be logging into that app looking for another. And I'll spend more park time waiting around for my window cause I don't feel like back-tracking when I'm 15 min early.

    But oh well. Even all that above is still better than a week at work.
    *Cindy

    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

    Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Disneyland version is so much better. You can't start getting your fastpasses until you are in the park. People still have their heads buried with their phones though.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Black Spire Outpost - Galaxy's Edge
    Posts
    23,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    The Disneyland version is so much better. You can't start getting your fastpasses until you are in the park. People still have their heads buried with their phones though.
    And THAT is what I hate most of all... With all the beautiful scenery in the Disney parks, everyone has their head down in their phones...it's bad enough people have to get in that last FB status update or read the latest tweet or gotta get that Instagram picture uploaded before someone else does... Never mind that you can upload your pictures when back at the hotel, nope... That is when people put their phones away and...... STARE AT A TV....

    Disney has only made it a necessity now to have to stare at the phone all day in the parks... But I guess that is the generation we live in today...

    As for FP+ yea I hate it... but I have gotten used to using it and now I use it to my benefit... And it benefits Disney nothing because I don't spend more time buying or eating.... Sorry Disney, your plan to get me to buy more isn't working...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  7. Likes MNNHFLTX liked this post
  8. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is one of those features that people are going to love or hate no matter what perspective someone else has. I thought we would hate it, but we don't. It's been working for us. We like knowing that we won't have a long wait for rides that are super popular. That's the important qualifier - "long wait". Not that we *can't* ride something, because we can always choose the long line. We still have spontaneity and make choices in the park. Our faces are not buried in our phones all day. Although, yeah, we see that, even on rides!! If you're the kind of person who's going to look at your phone all day in a Disney park, you're going to do it whether there's FP+ or not. If you're one of the people who absolutely hate FP+ and feel that it keeps you from enjoying your trip, I genuinely sympathize. That would be an awful feeling. But telling the people who do like it that they really don't like it, and they're not really benefiting from it, is just very silly.
    Susanne

  9. Thanks VWL Mom, PopPhan, Lindsey thanked for this post
  10. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    This is one of those features that people are going to love or hate no matter what perspective someone else has. I thought we would hate it, but we don't. It's been working for us. We like knowing that we won't have a long wait for rides that are super popular. That's the important qualifier - "long wait". Not that we *can't* ride something, because we can always choose the long line. We still have spontaneity and make choices in the park. Our faces are not buried in our phones all day. Although, yeah, we see that, even on rides!! If you're the kind of person who's going to look at your phone all day in a Disney park, you're going to do it whether there's FP+ or not. If you're one of the people who absolutely hate FP+ and feel that it keeps you from enjoying your trip, I genuinely sympathize. That would be an awful feeling. But telling the people who do like it that they really don't like it, and they're not really benefiting from it, is just very silly.
    I still don't understand that logic. You can't get two top tier rides on FP+. Unless you plan a late FP+ for a top tier and hit rope drop to get on another top tier, you'll just get one headliner ride. (And the old I-Hate-rope-drop argument is negated.) What is the point to spending mega $$$$ to get in the park only to get limited rides.

    We used to get 8+ fps of rides WE wanted to get on. We are now lucky if we get two. We took a trip to Epcot Saturday and didn't get on a single attraction because at 0700, there was nothing really available until 1300, they we're rides we didn't have much interest in anyway. (LWtL - please!)

    Over all, it is a failure for the guest. Reviews of FP+ on any number of web site bear that out.

    When this AP is finished, we are done.

  11. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We have a special group event for cheerleaders coming up in a few months that we are supposed to attend. We are having to force ourselves to go through the process. We almost didn't get to go at all because we lacked enough motivation to even fill out and send in the paperwork with the deposit. It is sad because we used to get all crazy with excitement when any reason to go to WDW came up but now we pretty much dread doing all the required scheduling and don't look forward to having to be on said schedule when we are there.

    Like RunDMV said, everywhere you look, the reviews of FP+ are primarily negative. Right now attendance makes it appear otherwise but my guess is that all of the new attractions along with all of the marketing, advertising and discount promos that have been going on is drawing people in. We will find out just how much people really like or dislike the recent changes when the cycle swings the other direction.

  12. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ahhhh first world problems....

    I find that whatever the system is I've learned to adjust. I realize that not everyone does things the same way I do, and that's okay.

    I'm so sorry for the frustration of the OP and totally understand especially if you're not used to using the FP+ system. I'm really glad you got all you wanted, just not necessarily when. I hope you have an amazing trip and can enjoy being there!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

  13. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    I still don't understand that logic. You can't get two top tier rides on FP+. Unless you plan a late FP+ for a top tier and hit rope drop to get on another top tier, you'll just get one headliner ride. (And the old I-Hate-rope-drop argument is negated.) What is the point to spending mega $$$$ to get in the park only to get limited rides.

    We used to get 8+ fps of rides WE wanted to get on. We are now lucky if we get two. We took a trip to Epcot Saturday and didn't get on a single attraction because at 0700, there was nothing really available until 1300, they we're rides we didn't have much interest in anyway. (LWtL - please!)

    Over all, it is a failure for the guest. Reviews of FP+ on any number of web site bear that out.

    When this AP is finished, we are done.
    Okay, good questions here, and one thing I should have shared is that we typically spend 9-10 days in the parks. Therefore, we get multiple tier 1 rides but spread out over different days.

    I should also share that we were never rope drop people. But, you can't just say that argument isn't valid from someone else's perspective, because they made it clear that this is working better for them.

    And another important point to share is that we never would get 8+ FP under the old system. We would grab 2-3 at the most typically. So that's a huge difference in the way we do the parks.

    So, with all of the above contrasts in how your family and our family do the parks, it totally makes sense why you're dissatisfied with it, and why we feel it's working well for us. I'm not negating your experiences. I'm also not trying to convince you you're wrong. Your experience is your experience. But I stand by my statement that it's just silly to tell someone else that something isn't working for them, when they know that it is. Ditto for your reversed perspective. Hope that makes sense!
    Susanne

  14. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, Lindsey liked this post
  15. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Okay, good questions here, and one thing I should have shared is that we typically spend 9-10 days in the parks. Therefore, we get multiple tier 1 rides but spread out over different days.

    I should also share that we were never rope drop people. But, you can't just say that argument isn't valid from someone else's perspective, because they made it clear that this is working better for them.

    And another important point to share is that we never would get 8+ FP under the old system. We would grab 2-3 at the most typically. So that's a huge difference in the way we do the parks.

    So, with all of the above contrasts in how your family and our family do the parks, it totally makes sense why you're dissatisfied with it, and why we feel it's working well for us. I'm not negating your experiences. I'm also not trying to convince you you're wrong. Your experience is your experience. But I stand by my statement that it's just silly to tell someone else that something isn't working for them, when they know that it is. Ditto for your reversed perspective. Hope that makes sense!
    I have always said from when it was introduced that the FP+ system would probably work better for those that get to the parks later. A lot of people come rolling in around late morning to lunch. That is why the park gets so busy and the lines get long around 1 or 2PM.

    On the other hand, the people it has a negative impact on the most are the ones that enter the parks early, especially those that are there at rope drop. The reason being is because people schedule FP+'s for first thing in the morning and some are already in the parks for breakfast reservations and go straight to the attractions. So now because of FP+, the standby wait can almost immediately go to 45 minutes or longer instead of being able to walk right on.

    The fix to this problem is actually pretty easy. They could simply change the system to where FP+'s are not available for times prior to 2 hours after park opening. It really would be that simple.

  16. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Morristown NJ
    Posts
    7,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    The fix to this problem is actually pretty easy. They could simply change the system to where FP+'s are not available for times prior to 2 hours after park opening. It really would be that simple.
    That's actually not a bad idea.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

  17. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    That's actually not a bad idea.
    It just came to me the other day while thinking about the cheerleading event we have coming up in a few months. One simple little change not having FP+'s for the first two hours each day would solve my biggest gripe about the system. I still wouldn't like it but at least when I first got to the park in the morning I would be able to walk on some rides for a couple of hours and enjoy myself before the madness begins.

  18. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ok, so reading this thread I appear to be in a minority of 1. As I said before, we like Fastpass+ because due to hubby's medical conditions and disabilities we can only spend a few hours in a park. For us, we go at rope drop or not long after because we get up early due to time sensitive medications so those 3 fastpasses we can get in those first few hours means we can get favourite rides/attractions done and if we have to leave due to hubby's limitations we don't feel its been waste of time or money. If we can stay longer and stand-by anything else its a bonus.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

  19. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    mercaintinkerbell, you're not a minority of one, other people, myself included, have said they like it and it works for them.

    1DisneyNut, no FP for the first couple of hours is a good idea. You should send the suggestion to WDW.
    Susanne

  20. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Morristown NJ
    Posts
    7,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    It just came to me the other day while thinking about the cheerleading event we have coming up in a few months. One simple little change not having FP+'s for the first two hours each day would solve my biggest gripe about the system. I still wouldn't like it but at least when I first got to the park in the morning I would be able to walk on some rides for a couple of hours and enjoy myself before the madness begins.
    If I remember correctly, when the original FP were introduced many moons ago, the first return time issued was 1030am for some rides.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

  21. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post

    1DisneyNut, no FP for the first couple of hours is a good idea. You should send the suggestion to WDW.
    I emailed the suggestion to them. Maybe they will give it a try.

  22. Likes VWL Mom, 1000th_Ghost liked this post
  23. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    6,624
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hated the idea of FP+ when it was first announced. I actually held on to that hate for a while. However, on our last several vacations it actually worked in our favor. I prefer the new system over the old system, wholeheartedly - not half heartedly as someone else put it. LOL.


    We are not rope drop people. We are not morning people. We found that with the old system by the time we moseyed into the parks several rides were already out of FP for the day. So we either had to wait in standby or skip it if we felt the wait was too long. We have had better luck getting FP+ for rides we want with the new system. I can book our FP+ starting mid to late morning and not have to worry about if the ride will run out of FP before we arrive and make our way to the FP kiosk. So far, knock on wood, I haven't had any issues getting the FP+ I want for any of our trips at our 60 day mark. And we have had great luck adding FP's as our day goes on. The amount of time it takes us to look in the app and find a suitable FP does not bother us at all. If I am in a line and just scanned my current FP it only takes a few minutes while waiting in line to hop on the app and find our next FP. Sometimes it works out better than other times, but we've been pretty lucky. And I haven't felt like my face is always in my phone, like I thought I would.
    Denise

    Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

    Next Trip: ???

  24. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  25. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Shawnee, KS
    Posts
    2,429
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    what i have found is that if you check back every now and then, you will find openings. People change, cancel trips, or some just get opened up. Just keep checking...some may think of it as a pain, i like checking my disney app and playing w/ times.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

  26. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For those that like the fastpass + system, do you always stay on-site and get the 60 day + window?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  27. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site