Barsky - Golden Retriever pup extraordinaire
Christi - my human
Aaron - my human's friend and shaman in World of Warcraft

Hello People!
My name is Sir Barksalot, but everyone calls me Barksy for short. My human has had a lot going on but really wanted to do a trip report. I have hacked into her Intercot account to do it for her. I chose this title, because we saw many couples where one person had on a Tshirt that said "Best Day Ever" and the other's Tshirt said "Most Expensive Day Ever". My human loved the second shirt and laughed every time she saw it.

Our flight out was very early. My human brother, Kyle, picked us up and drove us to the airport. We were all very excited to see him, since he spends most of his time going to school in another town. We ate breakfast with him at the airport, and while we were eating, Aaron realized he had left some of his stuff unpacked at home. My human laughed at him, because he laughed at her for packing her stuff so early. Now he was paying for waiting until the last minute to pack. Christi made a phone call to make sure her stepdad was recuperating well enough for us to take the trip. Then we headed through security. I really hate when I have to go through the xray machine. I'm afraid I'll come out as a glowing green dog.

Christi taught Aaron how boarding on Southwest works. I'm a big dog and already knew. We like flying on Southwest. The first leg of our trip was uneventful, but we enjoyed having a great conversation with the other passenger sitting in the window seat. She lived in Phoenix like we do, but she grew up in New Orleans, where our layover was. She was on the way to visit her mother.

As we were landing, my human said "I wonder if they have beignets in the airport!". Sure enough, the first cafe we ran across when we disembarked had beignets. It also had a cashier who was diabetic, and her blood sugar was too low. Thankfully, my human is a nurse and noticed the girl acting strangely and her hands were shaking. One bottle of orange juice later, we had our beignets in hand and she was eating real food. My human went back to check on her later, and her boss was there making sure everything was ok.

We sat down to eat the beignets, and it finally hit my human that we were on our way to Disney World!. She had been so busy with her dog being sick, her stepdad having surgery and other things going on, the trip became just another thing on her checklist of stuff to do. As soon as she realized it though, she was as excited as the little boy sitting next to us with a Disney World Tshirt on.

The second leg of our journey was also uneventful. We quickly got off of the plane, took our first monorail ride to baggage claim, and my human explained Magical Express to me and Aaron. Unfortunately, we weren't using it until our trip in October. The plan had been to eat dinner at Disney Springs. We were starving when we got off of the plane though and ate at McDonald's in the terminal. Then we went to baggage claim to get our luggage. It was nowhere to be found, so my human went to the Southwest office and asked about it. The employee radioed someone and was told that it should be on the carouse, so we stood there for 15 more minutes without any sign of it. As we started to go back to the office, my human spotted her suitcase and went to get it. The female employee stated that she had been taking it to the office for us. Southwest has such great customer service.

We then found our car rental place and went through several hoops to get our car. Finally, we were off on the freeway. Oops, there's a thing called tolls in Florida that we don't have in Arizona. The gentleman at the booth was very nice, explained how to pay it later, and gave us directions to get where we were going. He assured us there weren't any more toll booths along the way.

Our GPS wound up taking us to the wrong spot, and it was getting dark. My human couldn't figure out how to turn on the headlights and accidentally popped the trunk open while we were driving down the road. We managed to make it to a safe place (a turn lane in the road that really just went into the direction of a wall), where my human figured out how to work the car. We could see the entrance to the resort from where we were and managed to make it there safely. As we entered the lobby to check-in, a guy behind us said "I see you learned how to turn your headlights on." My human laughed, blushed and explained how she even managed to pop the trunk open while trying. The guy laughed and said "I was doing the same thing right behind you." We weren't able to see him do it, because our trunk was open.

Our timeshare was gorgeous! It was almost as big as a house. Aaron put his stuff down in the first bedroom, so my human gleefully grabbed the master bedroom with the jacuzzi tub. Then we all went out to check out the balcony. The view was a little disappointing, but we could hear the crickets very well. It became a peaceful little retreat.

The plan had been to go to Disney Springs, but we were all just too tired from travelling. Also, my human wanted us to get a good night's rest for our full day at Epcot tomorrow. She wound up hopping in the jacuzzi tub with some bubble bath. The bubbles kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger. Finally, she had to turn the jets off before the bubbles flooded everywhere.

The most repeated phrase of the day? "Why didn't I just stay onsite? Disney would be taking care of all of this right now."