I usually enjoy reading the posts on INTERCOT, but lately I have noticed so much negativity in the responses. I always thought this was a happy place, where we could share ideas, new information, tips, and experiences. It seems that with every post, someone has to make a comment on Disney going down hill, or the price, or the lack of "magic".

I live about 30 minutes away from the "Sweetest" place on earth (Hershey) and believe me, Disney is a bargain compared to some of the other "theme parks" out there. Yes it is expensive, yes the price goes up, yes they have issues from time to time, but they are a corporation, and that's life. Most importantly...YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO! No one is twisting your arm. Don't take the "fireworks and pastry cruise for $99" but also don't complain that they lost the magic because it is right there, and if you CAN afford the cruise, then I bet it's magical!

No matter what happens, people will go. That's what makes anything a success. I try to go at least once a year, and if I could, I would go twice. And I still find magic in every visit, and I still think it is worth every penny. I find something new, or something I have never seen before EVERY TIME! I can't say that about the sweetest place. I'm traveling to an amusement park near Cleveland this summer and the price for 2 nights and tickets is almost the same for a week at a moderate resort. And don't get me started on the price of food!

It's not just the rides, it's the experience. I always tell people "go to an amusement park and you wait in a long line, in the hot sun. Go to Disney and you become part of the ride." That's what you are paying for: The whole experience!

I know Disney has problems, and yes I even see it from time to time, but I can honestly say that at the end of a Disney Vacation...I got my money's worth! I NEVER say that after a week at the beach. EVER!

I know everyone has an opinion, and every one has a right to express it, but really, why come on a forum for the happiest place on earth only be negative? Maybe Disney isn't for you anymore. Maybe YOU have lost the magic.

Sorry, just my opinion.