I booked a cruise for the end of August three weeks ago. I noticed I am in second seating for dining. This does not work for my family. My DH has medical issues and my DD has serious allergies. She was told on previous cruises with Disney not to eat at the buffet and to pre-order all meals.

I called to see if I could change seating to the main dining time and was told sorry it is sold out. I am on the wait list. She proceeded to say you don't have to eat in the restaurants, Cabannas is available as is in stateroom dinning and quick bites like pizza. Am I wrong to be disappointed with this suggestion? Eating in the MDR is a big deal. The atmosphere, the "show" at Animators Palette, and the food itself is a big deal to us. I also pre paid gratuities and will not even be provided with the wait staff for dinner meals. I would not change the amounts I know it is out of their control. I just think this response lame. It like saying you can always swim in the tub in your room if the pool is too crowded.

Also anyone have any suggestions for getting the change without being "that person" you know that person every CM cringes and runs away from.