Horror story alert:
I had to cancel my Disney World vacation back in January. Originally I paid with 2 $500.00 gift cards and after a long scuffle with them over the phone they refunded me with a $1,000 gift card to the Disney Store. To date, I've done everything to actually get a monetary value from this card.
I can't sell it E-bay or Amazon because of a $500.00 gift card selling limit. I can't buy groceries with it. If I sell it on a gift card selling sight they only want to give me $700.00.
I called Disney today and told them I did not originally give them a $1,000 gift card, I gave them 2 $500.00 gift cards and I should have been refunded accordingly. They tell me no refunds or transfers are allowed.
All I want is what I gave them so I can get my money back. Nope. I'm screwed out of $1,000.
The kicker here is the "Cast member" on the phone actually said to me, " You wouldn't want to spend your money at the Disney Store?" I told her, "I didn't cancel my vacation to buy stuffed mice and autograph books."
So, lesson learned today. DO NOT PAY FOR YOUR VACATION WITH GIFT CARDS if you ever want your money back.