Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
The posting has definitely slowed down. I love Intercot for the trip reports the most. And, I will admit that I was very disappointed when the big intercot meet was going on and someone asked about "live reports" and the poster was directed by admins to facebook or other social media for updates.
I mean, if the admins don't care enough to use this board for sending out information during an intercot gathering, I'm not sure how you expect others to use the board. I also did not find too many follow up posts about the meet.
I felt the same way when I read that. Also, I had asked how intercot got started in one post, and I was referred to the Podcast. I understand that companies want to advertise their newest thing and a lot of intercotees are excited with the podcast, facebook page, twitter stuff, etc. It just really isn't my thing.

Intercot used to feel like a big family, and I'm sure that a lot of people stay connected and talk through social media. There isn't anything wrong with that. It is my choice to stick with just the discussion board. I do miss seeing posts by people who used to post frequently - Big Blue and Hairy, DizneyFreak, etc. Sometimes they could be controversial, but I like seeing both sides. I do much better mentally when I am prepared for the "bad" instead of thinking everything will be sunshine and roses.

I also enjoy when there are multiple answers to questions. If they all say the same, I know that is generally what to expect. If more people say they like it than people say they didn't like it, then I assume it will probably be something we should do. If it is split down the middle, I will weigh how important it is to the group. If there are more negatives than positives, I will probably skip it. So yeah, I appreciate your view point even if 100 other people have answered before you.

I also like hearing the voice of experience/wisdom/knowledge from others on here. For instance, Fangorn recently gave me an idea about how to try to buy APs that I never would have thought of. It was a simple solution, but I never would have come up with it on my own.