I didn't feel I had to plan by vacation down to the hour and minute. I already planned in advance which I wanted to be each day and it just meant I may know I need to be at one ride between 11-12, one between 2-3 and one between 3-4 for example. However I normally want to do everything in the park anyway so the exact order I do them in doesn't bother me, each ride takes maybe 10-15 minutes and I have a one hour window to be there, so other than one or two rushes where I miscalculated it didn't really stress it at all though. And even then when we were late leaving Typhoon Lagoon we had been able to push back Star Tours by about 30-40 minutes and getting there ok.

Both systems had advantages and disadvantages. For example the old system if you weren't there at rope drop you weren't getting a Toy Story Mania FP. In a perfect world I would say go for some level of compromise where half of the fastpasses are available at 60 days and the other half become available on the day - but I am sure that would probably work out badly for someone too.