Quote Originally Posted by retiredfigment View Post
I always bring my own shampoo etc. anyway. My question, how do they keep someone from opening them and putting something in it. Yucch!
The container tops are locked in the tray and have to be opened by housekeeping in most settings. Hotelier here, keep in mind there are health regulations in place and those have to be met in order for those to be used. There are processes like changing bottles, pumps, cleaning procedures in place during room reset so the products are safe for the new incoming guests.

I first heard of these being used in very high end hotels at least 5-6 years ago. The idea is not new and Disney is far from the first. The high end hotels have worked on the usage and cleanliness issues. No hotel wants to risk bring the source of illness.

Also, this was started not to save money but to attract new younger clientele. Every year older guests stop coming and have to be replaced with younger ones. Eco tourists are one group who don't like all the bottles being thrown out. The other target group is millennials who want to use lots of shampoo etc and don't like the limitations of the small bottles. At best this will cost about the same or more likely a bit more.