Cast-Me (Amy) 47 years
Mom-Patty 69 years
Maranda 22 years-first trip other than one partial day visit to DHS-8 years ago
Day 5-January 28 Animal Kingdom

We awaken to a wet rainy Sunday morning and put our Ponchos on before heading to the Animal Kingdom. Once again we opted to arrive a little later and go straight to our 1130 am lunch ADR at Rainforest Café. Maranda is really fascinated by this place and we take some pictures with the animated animals. We place our orders with mom getting the Rasta Pasta (alfredo), me getting an Asian trio special they have going and Maranda ordering Pastalaya. She asks if its spicy and the server tells her yes but she orders anyway. Maranda's been having reflux issues on this trip and we ask if she's sure, she says yes I think it will be okay. Mom and I enjoy our meals but the portions are huge and Maranda decides her pasta is too spicy so she finishes off mom's leftovers. Desserts are nothing special but we are full anyway so we head out to the gift shop. I find a really cute t-shirt that says old people rock and I buy this for my Dad. Maranda gets a tank t-shirt and I think mom buys something as well. On the way out of the restaurant a castmember stops mom and asks for her email to send us a survey. Mom talks to her for a while and tells her about the bus experience the previous day. She encourages her to go tell this to our hotel concierge.

We go see Tough to Be a Bug, we all love this and then go to Dinoland and mom and Maranda ride the Tyrosaurus Rex? Maranda decides Everest is too scary for her so we head over to the Festival of the Lion King. We have fast pass for this and the safari which we do next. We got some great shots of the animals. We look in some shops, Maranda gets in line to meet Goofy and Pluto and then we head over to Flame Tree for an early dinner before heading back to the room. I had ribs, mom had pulled pork and I think Maranda got the combo. The food is good and portions huge and as a bonus a small parade starts and we are able to watch while we eat.

Mom stops in and talks to concierge who says they will have a transportation supervisor call her. The supervisor tells mom he thinks he knows who it is even before she tells him his name. Tells me the guy has a reputation. The supervisor apologizes and says that is not the Disney way but that's the last we hear about it. I go to the laundry and wash some clothes and am surprised about how big this laundry is compared to the last one I used at Disney. It is also very clean. It only takes an hour and a half and I am back in the room getting ready for bed.