Quantcast Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade

As usual we put this on the dvr and got around to finally watching it last night (after seeing Rogue 1 during the day!).

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by it. Recent years its been so much infomercial and smarmy, useless hosts, with little or no parade viewing and for the most part unentertaining singers.

I still wasn't knocked over by the celeb list, although my kids enjoyed Flo Rida and some of the others, and I always like Garth Brooks. I thought the Hough hosts actually did a good job. The sentimental family tie ins that they introduced around Thanksgiving were good and touching.

I still think they could show more of the actual parade, and what they did show appeared to all be filmed at Disneyland.

So did they actually do much taping at the MK this year? Garth Brooks, Gavin DeGraw and Kelley Clarkson I think performed the main stage. But I think they had two perform over at DHS and one at AK, and then two of the performers were at night. And like I mentioned above, it appeared that all the parade footage that they showed was from Disney Land, so wondering if they even taped the parade at WDW MK.

Anyhow, I found it to be a vast improvement over the past 3-4 years.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The parade was taped in Disneyland. They filmed in all four parks at Disney World in early November. We were able to see some of the sections filmed. It was crazy in the parks on the day and nights they were filming. But we enjoyed watching it

Post Thanks / Like

Do they have this on Disney OnDemand? I wasn't able to see it on Christmas Day....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We were there at Disneyworld for filming of the stage performances and yes the parade was filmed at Disneyland. They didn't film any parades at all at Disneyworld. That said I will certainly check to see when it is filming next time we head to Disney. While it was nice to see some of the performances all the equipment for filming detracted from the magical feeling at Disney. Plus it was impossibly packed during that week. It was filmed the last week of the Food and Wine so the parks were already crazy busy and the filming made it even busier. We will never again go during Food and Wine again. It was a bit much for us seniors to deal with.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was pretty good, too. Being a old WDW vet, I loved to see the parks there. And being a new DL vet (the last three years), I loved seeing the parade. In fact, I was there in that particular parade filming, just more towards the hub where the film crews were creating havoc.

I almost hate to admit it, but I loved the "Kids" song by OneRepublic. It had a cool 80s vibe which created all sorts of nostalgia for me in conjunction with the lyrics. And the hosts were fun. Completely unlike the news-like reporting we've had in the past few years.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they showed a parade. I mean, Disney does GREAT parades ... it could be like Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, where they show the performances and then the actual parade. I miss the days of the parade, instead of the "show".
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: