Quantcast Polynesian questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Polynesian questions

We are staying at the Polynesian next Feb./March in a DVC studio. Wondering if anyone who has been a guest recently can answer a few questions for me? We have stayed there before, and visit on every trip, but there are a few things I am now wondering about.

How has parking been? In the past parking at the Poly has always been tough. Seems the parking lot can't handle the size of the resort, mostly because of the frequent visitors for Ohanas. We've had no choice but to valet a few times, including once when we were staying there.

How is the Oasis pool bar menu? A lot of items look great. Wondering if the full menu is available all day, or is there a limited menu until late afternoon/evening? Also, is there a refillable mug station at the Oasis pool? We would likely purchase a mug or two if we could refill them at a location closer to our room.

Speaking of pools. How late have the two pools been open? Is there a time when you can't access the pools at all? I loved that once upon a time you could go to the pool or hot tub at any hour, but it seems with the gated pools these days some pools are locked after a certain hour.

How are the monorails running these days? I know periodically I see modified monorail schedules pop up. Has anyone who has been recently had issues with the monorail schedule?

Anything else I should know as a guest of the Polynesian? It's been around 7 years since we stayed there and so much has changed since that time. Mahalo!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Denise - we stayed there this past spring (it had been awhile for us too so we were excited to get back) and we thought the updates as a whole are great. Monorails did have some delays, more so than I remember on recent trips but nothing horrible. And we drove this time around and did not have much trouble parking. Parked initially in the big lot which wasn't much of a big deal when we actually realized we could park in the small side lot closer to the TTC based on our longhouse location. I believe there are restrictions on pool hours now but I would verify that upon arrival. We really enjoyed getting back to one of our old 'faves' and I'm sure you guys will too! Don't forget O'Hanas & Enjoy....
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

4. Likes Arielfan98 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Parking: the Poly has started cracking down on parking. When we arrived 3 weeks ago two cars were denied entry. They were only accepting the resort's guests and those with ADRs and those with ADRs were time limited (a new camera has been installed to take pictures of licenses and time's entering the lots). I talked to the guards and several CMs (some managers) and they are going to get increasingly tough on the parking because of the increased misuse of the lot for free parking. We never had an issue finding parking durin our week.

Didn't use the Oasis during or stay but it sure is gorgeous.

No problems with resort loop monorail. The work on the express monorail and monorails in general has been for the new automation system. I was told that it's getting near to completion. You shouldn't notice much impact, we didn't. But then I recommend the resort launch over the monorail. It's 5 minutes direct the main entrance.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Full menu is available at the Oasis pool until 5pm (at least that's what it was the first week in October). After that, there are a couple of items not available, but most items are available. Sorry, but I don't remember which items they stop serving at 5. They are noted on the menu at the pool, but not on Disney's on line listing.

We don't use the mugs, so I didn't really notice if there is a refill station or not. I want to say yes, as there was something over in one corner of the bar area that could have been for refills.

Parking shouldn't be a problem if you're staying there. You will want to park in the lot to your right as you come in the gate, as this will be closer to your studio.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,

Good to hear the full menu is available during lunch/in the afternoon. A report I had read stated that the full menu didn't start until 5pm, and that it was very limited for most of the day. I found that odd because most people spend the more time at the pool during the lunch/early afternoon hour than after dinner. Anyway glad to hear we will have plenty of snacks available during our park breaks!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to help.

BTW, the folks at the Oasis pool - both the bar and QS, we're super nice and really helpful.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

We are considering the Poly. Is the parking really that bad? Never had a car when we've been there before. But, I've gotten into a habit of getting a rental instead of cabbing it over.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    We are considering the Poly. Is the parking really that bad? Never had a car when we've been there before. But, I've gotten into a habit of getting a rental instead of cabbing it over.
    In the past parking at the Poly has been somewhat of a nightmare. We've had to valet for dinner at Ohana's on several occasions because there were no available parking spots after circling the lot several times, even checking the smaller side parking lot a few times. On one occasion we had to valet while staying as a guest at the Polynesian for the same reason. Dining reservations wasn't so bad, but I didn't appreciate the extra expense as an onsite guest of the resort.

From what I've heard recently they are trying to crack down on parking at this resort. Hopefully they can get a handle on it.
    Denise

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: