Quantcast Veterans Day Crowds

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Veterans Day Crowds

I will be in the Disney area during Veterans Day weekend. I'm not sure what parks I'm going to do what days, or really if I'm going to do any at all (not there for a trip to WDW specifically though if I'm anywhere in the area, no matter the reason, I usually can't resist doing at least some time in the parks!) I'm sure the crowds will be elevated since it is a holiday weekend. Any experience with Vet's Day weekend and crowds? It is also the final weekend of the F&W Fest so that doesn't help.

If I don't make it to a park I will likely at least hit up Disney Springs one day. Any advice on best days/times to visit Disney Springs? Any tips for parking or otherwise? I haven't been since 2014 before the full Disney Springs overlay was complete.

Thanks!
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they should call it WDW Veterans Day? It has got to be one of the business WDW weekends of the year between the holiday, the race events and the end of Food & Wine. If you survive then you'll feel like a true WDW veteran having survived those crowds. Good luck, but it is certainly a weekend that I would try to avoid at all costs!

On a side note...much respect for all of our veterans who have served their country. To them and our fire and police who give so much to protect the lives of others we should all be forever indebted. Good bless them and God bless America!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks baldburke! I'm actually going to visit some friends (old friends from my 2002 Disney CP!) so if we do the parks at all it will be just on a whim, and we'll likely get maingated in as some of my friends are still CMs, so if its too busy we'll just find something else to do outside of the parks!

I do know that the infamous "Jersey Week" is the same time as Vet's Day this year so that will bump crowds too. But again not too worried about it. Mostly was just curious.

Thanks!
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws View Post
    I do know that the infamous "Jersey Week" is the same time as Vet's Day this year so that will bump crowds too. But again not too worried about it. Mostly was just curious.
    Argh! An unholy union! We've been for "Jersey Week" too and it wasn't too bad...but the combination of both? Either way you're at Disney so life can't be too bad. Enjoy!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Argh! An unholy union! We've been for "Jersey Week" too and it wasn't too bad...but the combination of both? Either way you're at Disney so life can't be too bad. Enjoy!
    Thanks! Yeah and getting in free rather than paying a ton for the ticket helps take some of the pressure off. Always helps to know CMs with maingate passes
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)

7. Likes baldburke liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media: