Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - October 31-Nov 16, 2016

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - October 31-Nov 16, 2016

I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Monday pm, October 31, 2016
    Happy Halloween!

It certainly doesn't feel very fall-like today with a high around 85, but a change is coming later in the week. No rain through at least Thursday. Highs for tomorrow through Thursday will stay 83-85. On Friday a front will move through and some light rain is possible, but there won't be any heavy or long-lasting showers. The high on Friday will be around 80 and dropping once the front passes. Saturday through Monday looks dry with a high 73-75 on Saturday, 75-77 on Sunday, and 78-80 on Monday.

Long range...Nov 8-16 currently looks dry but all the models are indicating a pattern flip by mid-November that could mean a cooler and wetter latter half of the month. Highs should stay around 80 for Nov 8-12 then mid 70s for Nov 13-15 and mid 60s for Nov 16.

Travel Issues
    No major issues today or tomorrow.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here and here to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Tropics
    Hurricane season continues for another month but all is quiet for the foreseeable future. The only thing of interest is a "medicane" - a large storm with tropical-storm like features in the Mediterranean Sea - which is impacting some of the Greek Isles today and is headed east.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

4. Thanks Strmchsr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I slacked off a bit this last week while I was at WDW in providing weather updates. Kept meaning to post a "live" weather report from there, but was wiped out by the end of the day! I will say, I wasn't that impressed at the weather forecasts from the local TV stations. They lacked in providing details on possible scenarios for storms. I arrived back here in Philadelphia and had more detail on possible paths for Hurricane Matthew from my local station.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

6. Likes Strmchsr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's unfortunate, but finding decent weather information can be difficult sometimes. Because Orlando has such consistent weather and not much in the way of extremes except during the potential tropical storm season they don't put much stock in having solid weather people. I definitely appreciated all your help while I was out of touch!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

What are your thoughts on Nicole's tracks relative to WDW in the next 14 days or so? Mainstream press is saying it is now officially a hurricane. Are models saying it might track toward the FLorida coast? Heading there shortly.

And thanks again for the work you do in keeping the Intercot family informed on this weather stuff.

best,

.....................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    What are your thoughts on Nicole's tracks relative to WDW in the next 14 days or so? Mainstream press is saying it is now officially a hurricane. Are models saying it might track toward the FLorida coast? Heading there shortly.
    Thanks, John. Nichole is no threat to Florida. It is a threat to Bermuda but after hitting there will move out to sea. The concern for Florida is from something that hasn't even materialized yet. Several of the models are hinting at a potential hurricane forming in the Caribbean in 7-10 days and then moving into the Gulf, which could potentially threaten Florida. But that's pure voodoo right now. There's no low or wave to track, just model data. So, for now, there's nothing to worry about. Just phantom storms being shown by models. If a low pops up in the Caribbean in about a week, then we'll need to pay closer attention.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

Thanks for your input. Hoping that low does not show up

best,

.................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

11. Likes Strmchsr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We're arriving to Orlando on Nov 25. I hope all those models are wrong and it's not too cool. Coming from NH, we're really hoping for nice warm weather. Here's hoping!
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Understandable. Of course, for those of us in Florida we're sick of the heat and are looking forward to some cooler temps!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: