Quantcast Ideas for 40th Anniversery Surprise

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideas for 40th Anniversery Surprise

It has been decided that next fall, Oct. 2017, my parents will be celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary at WDW! The gathering will include them, my husband and I, and my sister and her husband, who will be flying in from the UK.

My husband and I are trying to think of some ways to surprise them with a little romantic time on the vacation. Any ideas? Please note, my husband and I can't afford anything too expensive, and I haven't talked to my sis yet to see if she would be willing to help out, due to the cost of their plane tickets.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great!
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You could provide them with a carriage ride through Fort Wilderness? A gift from Disney florist? A spa treatment? A bottle of wine (or champagne) along with some special glasses?

What means more to them? Some alone, romantic time or a special outing with the entire familly? If the whole family is to be involved, maybe the entire family could go to Cirque to Soleil (with their tickets paid for) or Hoop de Doo Review?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The first thing that jumps out at me is:

How about a romantic dinner for the two of them at Victoria & Albert's? http://www.victoria-alberts.com/ There you can click on "Your Experience" where you can get information on the 3 different dining experiences they offer there.

The Dining room
    The Chef's Table
    Queen Victoria's room

In particular, the Queen Victoria's room seems VERY romantic:

Behind closed doors, elegant, intimate Queen Victoria’s Room seats just eight guests for a ten-course dinner with French gueridon service and wine pairings exclusive to the private room. Guests learn how chef and sommelier work together to identify the chemistry of each amazing dish paired with the perfect vintage. With rich décor inspired by Old World dining rooms of London and Paris, the tone is set for a luxurious, leisurely evening. Whether celebrating a special occasion or simply looking for sensational cuisine, Queen Victoria’s Room takes dining to new heights.
    Also, maybe:
    A fireworks cruise for the whole family.
    Engraved crystal glasses from Magic Kingdom.

Faline covered the other things I thought of.

Have fun!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Victoria and Albert's would also be my first thought but DisneyOtaku indicated they can't afford anything too expensive and a meal at Victoria & Albert's is definitely pricey! If it's in the budget, it would certainly be a wonderful gift - especially if they enjoy food and dining out.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I agree V&A is a stretch to anyone's budget. Since you'll be there during Food and Wine maybe one of the tasting dinners would be more at their price point. Another idea would be treating them to brunch at Narcoossee's or California Grill.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 09-06-2016 at 04:22 PM.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyOtaku View Post
    Any ideas or suggestions would be great!
    There are so many gorgeous places there- would they enjoy a special brunch/ dinner? Narcoosee's or The Artist Palette or Jiko are some of our favorite "romantic" places. Or what about a fireworks cruise? Or a couples massage?
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

There are a plethora of dining/wine pairing experiences out there if you look and plenty of romantic settings. Senses Spa is nice but is 2-3x the price a nice Spa at home most likely. Disney Springs during the evening is quite hectic even during the week the last thing that seems relaxing beyond maybe sitting the in the restaurant there itself.

Lunch @ Boathouse at Disney Springs outside if it's a nice day.

Drinks and/or Appetizers at California Grille. You don't have to do the full fledge dinner if on a budget, but the bar is first come first serve and you can enjoy the views/sunset.

There are great chairs at the Boardwalk hotel by the stairs dwon from the lobby level that are covered and you can enjoy people watching while taking in the boardwalk/water.

Minzners Lounge has great music right outside of it, and you can even BYOB and sit in the lobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice and ideas! My DH and I have been looking at the fireworks cruise, but we both really like the idea of the personalized glasses. And my dad has been talking about really wanting to do a monorail bar-hopping, starting at the Poly and ending at the California Grill, so we may chip in for that as well.

Thank you for the ideas!
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

10. Likes Pally liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: