Quantcast Rumors of New Attractions at Epcot - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

That'd be great, but that'll be the day. I think those dreams are long since gone. I wish they could have a Tony Stark expo (Kinda like what DL had for a bit) but more and less specific to a single movie.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

2. Likes baldburke liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll take any and all attractions that Disney wants built in Epcot. There is nothing that kids want to do there, besides test track, soarin' and Frozen. you can think what you want and enjoy the nostalgic "edutainment" that Epcot used to be, but it hasn't truly been that in a while, not really, and I don't think kids today want that, I sure don't. If I want that I'll go to a museum or science center. we just came back and besides a bunch of slow rides (nemo, spaceship earth, living with the land, the 3 caballeros, ellen, figment) and the horribly outdated mission space, there are only 3 attractions that can entertain anyone who didn't grow up with the old epcot of the 80's who can enjoy the nostalgia of what the park used to be. thats why they have the food and wine fest and the flower and garden fest, to pander to that same 80's crowd that still wants Epcot to be a science and learning and innovation park, while getting them liquored up and so you can listen to drunk Uncle Fred tell you how great the park used to be. no thanks, bring on Guardians of the Galaxy, the Hulk (hey Bruce Banner is a scientist!), Tony Starks wonder emporium of innovation, I don't care what it is, or how it fits or doesn't fit with what "epcot was suppose to be", just reinvent a great theme park, period.

After this past trip I think my kids favorite attraction at epcot was the DVC lounge, and thats including soarin, test track and frozen ever after.
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

5. Dislikes Daisy'sMom disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They might as well move the turnstiles to just before World Showcase Lagoon and turn Future World into an extension of the parking lot. It will be real easy to remember where your car is when you parked right next to the 'big golf ball.' Future World becomes a new parking lot named Dystopia Land: a place where futuristic relics of the past are just things you park your cars around.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh please. Renee when Epcot opened and there were no characters, and only educational rides? Yeah no one showed up! I love me some Spaceship Earth and I miss Horizons, and World of Motion but Epcot is changing and evolving. I say pump it full of rides and attractions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    Oh please. Renee when Epcot opened and there were no characters, and only educational rides? Yeah no one showed up! I love me some Spaceship Earth and I miss Horizons, and World of Motion but Epcot is changing and evolving. I say pump it full of rides and attractions.
    No one showed up? Not too sure about that.

Count me with those who would like to see EPCOT updated and improved, while maintaining it's unique character .... I think (with the right vision and leadership) it is still possible.
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    The heck with thrill rides.

Add new countries in the World Showcase section. Put in more entertaining but educational stuff. Focus on some STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) attractions. Make FutureWorld into ....well....FutureWorld again.

You want roller coasters...... go to one of the other parks.

best,

.....................john
    I totally agree with this!!! Epcot was never supposed to be a thrill park.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

10. Likes Tekneek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    I totally agree with this!!! Epcot was never supposed to be a thrill park.
    I think we're looking at a reality where it is the perception that matters more than the reality. Epcot is perceived as just another park, so that is what people want, and management just wants bodies there. It is pretty clear that they don't mind feeding them whatever lowest common denominator attraction will herd them into long queues. Seems like they used to aspire to aim higher and give people what they did not know they wanted, while now they are comfortable merely meeting expectations with known commodities that are market tested. It's all rather boring to me, but it certainly makes a lot of money for the men at the top.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    That'd be great, but that'll be the day. I think those dreams are long since gone. I wish they could have a Tony Stark expo (Kinda like what DL had for a bit) but more and less specific to a single movie.
    That's an awesome idea!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Guardians may be tough with the demarcation line for Marvel being East of the Mississippi. Universal would most likely have to agree, even though Guardians aren't a part of IOA at the moment, any hint of a Guardians attraction at DW being green lit could cause Universal to throw up something to block it from happening.

Epcot attendance fluctuates between spots in the top 8 of theme park guest per year...it would take a significant downfall for the executives to feel pressure to do something with Future World as it sits now. After the updates at AK and the Studios are near completion, you may hear finalized plans for different phases to overhaul Future World in time for the 40th anniversary.

Post Thanks / Like

If they truly have lost their commitment to what Epcot used to be (and I'd say that's a safe bet) then I'm all for these changes. Epcot desperately needs something to breathe new life into it and if they're dead set on putting character/film themed attractions in there then so be it.

Not at all a fan of the GotG attraction, though. I see no way that fits in an Epcot theme at all.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to .....

Add new countries in the World Showcase section. Put in more entertaining but educational stuff. Focus on some STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) attractions. Make FutureWorld into ....well....FutureWorld again.

best,

"I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post

best,

My DD CM at AKL and working with marketing did a mock up of a STEAM pavilion in EPCOT with a Big hero Six tie in. It was well received but like everything else just another spit ball on the wall of a brain storm session. Seems ideas are always floated then reality and feasibility needs to step in.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry MickeyMan, I did not dislike your post. My thumb slipped
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: