Quantcast Christmas in Disney.....?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas in Disney.....?

Hi I'm super excited. Hubby is taking us home for the holidays. I do have some questions though. Has anybody else stayed there on Christmas and will there be a parade in Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day?
    Also what kind of festivities besides MickeysChristmas Celebration? Thanks all!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only been once on the actual holiday and that was years ago. In those days, the Christmas parade was broadcast live on that day. Yes, there is a parade on Christmas day.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party ends on the 22nd. Epcot has Holidays Around the World which highlights holiday customs in different countries. A number of resorts have holiday decorations.

Keep in mind, it is one of the busiest times of year to visit so you'll be sharing your trip with many, many others!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We've almost always gone during the Christmas holidays and have been at Disney during Christmas. Like Linda said it is very crowded and if you plan on spending Christmas Day at Magic Kingdom I suggest getting there very early as the park reached capacity around 10 am when we were there. We chose to spend Christmas at Epcot as it was less crowded and more manageable. I do believe the parade runs Christmas Day at MK though. I would definitely resort hop as the resort decorations are lovely, definitely don't miss the Grand Floridian's Gingerbread House, we also loved Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom and the Poly. I've also heard BC, YC and Boardwalk are nice. Epcot does the holidays around the world and each country has their version of Santa who tells a story of their country's holiday traditions. Just be prepared for large crowds use your FP+ wisely, and arrive early and you should be fine.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We have never been on Christmas day itself, but friends were there on the day and said it was crazy crowded. They got there early in the day. As mentioned the park has the tendency to fill up to capacity. I think when our friends were there MK was not taking any guests after noon. They still had a great time and will actually be going back this December for the magic and craziness! Have fun!
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

We were at the MK in 2015 on Christmas day. They ran the Christmas Parade 2 times a day at 12:00 and 3:30. A few other Christmas related shows was Celebrate the Season at the Castle stage, A Tomorrowland Christmas with Buzz Lightyear, A Frozen Holiday Wish that transformed the Castle to be covered in icicles, and Holiday Wishes. We left the park mid afternoon and did a resort tour stopping at the Contemporay, Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian and the Polynesian. When we returned to the park later we had no problems getting back in.

7. Likes mechanic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We did Christmas 2000, 2001, and 2015. Stayed at pop and put up our vintage aluminum tree. (Lots of folks decorate their rooms ). Weather was great last year, but cold is always a possibility too. Had free dining, even snagged a couple of next day reservation at bog, and California grill.
    The parade is lots of fun. So is castle show. Visited osborne lights 3 times.
    Going again this year. Dec. 19 to 28th.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

I've been there for Christmas (2010) and we chose to go to Epcot to avoid the crowds at MK on the actual holiday. The Holidays Around the World are a great way to celebrate Christmas Day. I would echo that it can be rather cold at that time of year so pack appropriately. Epcot was not crowded at all so that might be a good bet for you. There were some "holiday" dinners offered within the parks and resorts if you feel the need for a Christmas lunch or dinner but we opted to eat around the world per usual. I can't say enough about Christmas time at Disney... the decorations at each park are superb! As previously mentioned don't miss the ginger bread house at GF. There's the Very Merry Christmas Party but check those dates because when we went it had already ended a few days before we got there.
    Linda

2010 - POFQ
    2012 - POP
    2013 - SWAN
    2014 - SWAN
    2015 - DLR (offsite)
    2016 - SWAN
    2017 - DLR (offsite)
    2018 - DOLPHIN
    2018 - Fall trip - in the planning process!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You seem to be a Disney expert, but just wanted to offer a fair warning that going to Disney during Christmas is not the time to enjoy the rides. The holidays are more for looking at the decorations and enjoying the shows. Have a great time
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

We were on there 2014 Christmas Week. Went to MK early on Christmas Day, just to say we had done it. It was CRAZY crowded, literally rivers of people in the streets, bit the parade was awesome to see. We left MK right after the parade around noon, and went to Animal Kingdom the rest of the day (not very crowded at all) and had Dinner at 'Ohana. Got lucky there with a window view of the Holiday Wishes to cap off a perfect WDW Christmas Day. But I have to say the absolute highlight of our trip was the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, which we saw rhe day after Christmas. If the biblical nativity story means anything to you, it should not be missed. It was the best, most moving Disney musical production I have ever experienced. We still did a fair amount of rides by utilizing FP's and taking advantage of the parks being open very late, until after midnight. The crowds really thin out when it gets early
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

We have been in Disney on Christmas Day once. We opted to avoid MK that day because of how crazy crowded it gets. We actually did MK early in our trip because the closer you get to Christmas day the more crowded it gets. According to signs around the resorts and other parks on Christmas day MK closed to incoming guests around 10am. It was reopen to guests sometime late afternoon/early evening. We chose to visit AK that day and it wasn't bad at all. Lots of people crowding the park, but lines weren't too bad. Nothing like MK.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: