I'll update this first post each day with the forecast (though I'll occasionally miss a day), both long and short term. As a general rule, up to 7 days is a pretty accurate forecast, beyond that it's educated guessing and largely dependent upon how well the models are doing at that moment, which is why I call it "voodooland." If you have any specific weather questions or comments, even if it's for an area other than WDW, please post and I'll answer throughout the thread. I'll also post weather tidbits every so often. Without further delay, let's get to the forecast:

Weather at WDW - Update Sunday pm, July 31, 2016
The high today looks to be 93 with a 30% chance of a brief shower. Of course, when I say "30%" remember that means 30% of the forecast area will see a thunderstorm. If you're in that 30% that storm can be quite intense for a time so take cover. A ridge will build in over the Eastern US for the rest of this week which makes for a pretty monotonous forecast. Highs will be 92-94 for tomorrow through Wednesday then 90-92 for Thursday through Sunday with about a 40% chance of a passing thunderstorm each day.

Long range...Aug 8-16 is rinse and repeat. Highs in the low 90s with a chance of a sea breeze thunderstorm each day. We'll need to keep a close eye on the tropics, though, as they are becoming quite active now.

Travel Issues
Boston and NYC have some minor delays today from low clouds and pop up storms. For tomorrow, the biggest threat of problems will be around Minneapolis.

Any of you who are nervous about flying, especially related to turbulence, go here and here to learn a lot about turbulence and other issues that sometimes cause anxiety when flying. Hopefully all of this will help you relax and enjoy the trip to WDW more!

Tropics
Invest 96L is pretty much out of the picture for the time being. Dry air has wiped it out and it's no threat to form any time soon. We'll still need to keep a watch on the energy as it moves into the Caribbean and encounters more favorable conditions, but that won't happen until next weekend. The GFS model this morning had quite a strong hurricane over in the western Gulf heading towards Texas produced from these remnants in about 10 days, but that's way into voodooland and really doesn't mean much right now. In the afternoon model run the same storm is shown as a tropical storm moving into Mexico, so you see how things change from run to run. And we have 3 more waves coming off of Africa in the next few days that will need to be watched carefully. August looks to be pretty active.

Our concern for now is Invest 97L. It's still moving very fast to the west. If it weren't for that extremely rapid movement it'd be a tropical storm already. The NHC has upped its chances to becoming at least a depression to 70% over the next 5 days. And it looks decent this afternoon with vigorous convection popping but it doesn't have a well defined surface circulation. Basically it's moving so fast that the system can’t gather itself and close off a low pressure center. Puerto Rico and Hispaniola could see some impact tomorrow, but nothing significant. Mostly just a little wind and rain from passing bands. Water temps in the western Caribbean are extremely warm so if this thing slows down even a little bit there's a good chance of it strengthening rapidly.

As for the future, a very strong high pressure area (which is what's been baking the southern US lately) will most likely keep any future storm away from the US coast. Almost all of the models keep the high pressure in place, which would move the storm into Central America, then across the Bay of Campeche and eventually into Mexico. That's the most likely scenario, but not set in stone by any means. If any weakness develops in the ridge, or if the storm significantly strengthens, then we could see a more NW track. So, Texas isn't out of danger, but it's also not a high likelihood of a landing location as things stand right now. I think we'd have to see some big changes for Texas to become a target. Possible, but not likely. It's just a matter of wait and see for now. No chance of a WDW impact from this storm.