Quantcast Child missing following alligator attack - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone confirm the removal of the various aligator/crocodile characters throughout the parks. I've heard a couple have been stripped from the MK Faire or whatever it's called.

I assume the final scene in Peter Pan is dark these days. How about those in Living with the Land? I assume the guides are silent at the Nile Crocodile pool on the safari if they didn't just pull them out of that habitat altogether.

The fencing around the beaches is as unsightly as the netting over the tree if life queue...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Can anyone confirm the removal of the various aligator/crocodile characters throughout the parks. I've heard a couple have been stripped from the MK Faire or whatever it's called.

I assume the final scene in Peter Pan is dark these days. How about those in Living with the Land? I assume the guides are silent at the Nile Crocodile pool on the safari if they didn't just pull them out of that habitat altogether.

The fencing around the beaches is as unsightly as the netting over the tree if life queue...
    I don't think Peter Pan was affected at all. They removed Louis from the new MK castle show, eliminated the crocodile float from the Electrical Water Pageant, and removed the joke about crocodiles watching tour children if you don't on the Jungle Cruise.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Splash Mountain would need to be shut down completely.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget Tic Toc being removed from Festival of Fantasy parade.

Hello overreaction.

Post Thanks / Like

While I am completely heartbroken for this family and this tragedy that they are trying desperately to cope with I agree that Disney has gone beyond overreacting in some regards. I can understand that they do not want to appear callous but some of this is just purely ridiculous. The Electrical Water Pageant gas been around for almost the entire time Disney World has been open with few changes ... like removing the float will actually change something - NOT! Removal of Tic Tock is also extreme. At least with Louis it was a new show so very few people actually would have known he was to be there. What's next? Let's fix the real problem - education and leave the characters alone.

7. Thanks Terra thanked for this post
    Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this has been mentioned. But I'm assuming the alligators along the Safari as well are to be removed...Because I believe there are real ones as far as fake ones. But thinking they will remove the fake ones since the real ones people would not be allowed access too, under any circumstances.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deedee73 View Post
    While I am completely heartbroken for this family and this tragedy that they are trying desperately to cope with I agree that Disney has gone beyond overreacting in some regards. I can understand that they do not want to appear callous but some of this is just purely ridiculous. The Electrical Water Pageant gas been around for almost the entire time Disney World has been open with few changes ... like removing the float will actually change something - NOT! Removal of Tic Tock is also extreme. At least with Louis it was a new show so very few people actually would have known he was to be there. What's next? Let's fix the real problem - education and leave the characters alone.
    I would think at some point those elements would be added back into the shows and parades, but I'm sure right now they would be a sad reminder of what happened, so I can understand why Disney would pull them.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

10. Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I can see taking the jokes out of the jungle cruise.. kinda.. But the rest. Give me a break. Just silly. People have died on some of the rides, they didn't close them. It is too bad for the family, but lets not get crazy.

Are they going to take the guns out of the park (pirates, buzz lightyear, shooting gallery, philharmagic, etc) b/c of the shooting..?

Too bad for the family. But sometimes bad luck happens.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

12. Likes SurferStitch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Ok, I can see taking the jokes out of the jungle cruise.. kinda.. But the rest. Give me a break. Just silly. People have died on some of the rides, they didn't close them. It is too bad for the family, but lets not get crazy.

Are they going to take the guns out of the park (pirates, buzz lightyear, shooting gallery, philharmagic, etc) b/c of the shooting..?

I think a while back someone said that you can't buy the toy guns anymore at Pirates and Frontierland, etc.. Not sure what it was in reaction to, maybe Sandy Hook...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I disagree. If
    you had a family member that this happened to you might feel differently. Let's give it some time and be sensitive to the family.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

15. Thanks Terra thanked for this post
    Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They did take all guns out of the parks recently, before the Orlando shooting. It is a security issue related to not wanting to have to make the call whether a gun is real or a toy. So, the new rule is nothing with a trigger (even bubble guns) is sold or permitted in the parks.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I can see taking the jokes out of the jungle cruise.. kinda.. But the rest. Give me a break. Just silly. People have died on some of the rides, they didn't close them.
    This is exactly how I feel. There have been multiple families who have had their seemingly healthy child get on Mission Space and RnRc, only to find them dead at the end of the ride, unusually from undiagnosed heart defects. The ride was inspected and then reopened, and I just don't see what is so different about this alligator tragedy.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    ... I just don't see what is so different about this alligator tragedy.
    It's exactly the same...

I got flak back with the Cheshire CT Home Invasion. One town over and it would have been a non story. For some reason things are different when they happen to different people.

And BTW - The crocs have been removed from the rainforest scene in Living with the Land.

Post Thanks / Like

I meant the guns in the attraction. The pirates have guns, etc. The toys, i knew about. Still silly (blue guns/red guns) being dangerous. But you shoot guns in Buzz, they use them IN some of the attractions like Pirates.

As for the family. Sure, like i said the jokes can be suspended (not like that family is ever coming back to WDW). But everything else? Let's not be too sensitive. In a short period of time, no one will remember. Sounds hard, but the truth. You know what, Grand Floridian is still pretty booked up, along with most of the other resorts. People know it is sad, but ultimately aren't that concerned with it. Leave the parks alone.

-Living w/ the Land is one of my favs, so touching it... Blasphemy in my book.

I wonder if they are going to take the alligator out of the stretch room in HH?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

And BTW - The crocs have been removed from the rainforest scene in Living with the Land.
    I think the crocs were removed before now. We were at WDW in March and after we got off the attraction I remarked that I didn't see the "alligators". The other 3 adults in the group said they didn't notice them either.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    They did take all guns out of the parks recently, before the Orlando shooting. It is a security issue related to not wanting to have to make the call whether a gun is real or a toy. So, the new rule is nothing with a trigger (even bubble guns) is sold or permitted in the parks.
    We were in the parks in June and I was glad to see they do have a replacement product for the bubble guns. It looks like a wand you would grip and has a dome on the top that lights up. There's a button on the side you press and bubbles come out of the top.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

22. Thanks Terra thanked for this post
    Likes VWL Mom, Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They removed "bubble guns?" I guess it's a good think that none of these snowflakes was around Disneyland when they were using real .22 rifles at the shooting gallery! The horror! lol! Yes, times have certainly changed...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    They removed "bubble guns?" I guess it's a good think that none of these snowflakes was around Disneyland when they were using real .22 rifles at the shooting gallery! The horror! lol! Yes, times have certainly changed...
    They had real 22s back in the day? Now that is awesome.

If they are afraid of the bubble guns, why allow cell phones? they have them now that shoot real bullets and look like cell phones. Oh, b/c FP+ would be worse..
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    This is exactly how I feel. There have been multiple families who have had their seemingly healthy child get on Mission Space and RnRc, only to find them dead at the end of the ride, unusually from undiagnosed heart defects. The ride was inspected and then reopened, and I just don't see what is so different about this alligator tragedy.

The difference is a major one. While both are tragedies, many children ride the attraction and don't die, not many are snatched by an alligator and live. In one case the flaw is internal and only the person with the flaw has a problem. The case with an alligator everyone would be injured at best

26. Likes TheHD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually just read a FB post by a CM in Merchandise that the HM pins with the girl/alligator have been removed from the shelves as well... ridiculous.

And, I have to agree with Goofy4TheWorld... The gator attack was, simply put, a tragic accident. Many, many, MANY children over the years have played in/near the lakes, and ONE child died as a result. It's horrible. It's extremely sad... but in the end, it was an accident.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: