Hello all! I am hoping to get some strategy on how to tackle the parks I will have myself, my hubby and our 2 boys 3 and 5 1//2.
The reason I am so nervous is that our trip is June 11 to 18th. (booked because my 40th birthday is on the 13th) but I understand that school will be out (not in Canada) but in Florida and the parks will be very busy. I have usually travelled during the quieter times and I don't want to be waiting in lines for hours and melting in the heat.
I normally have tried to avoid the parks on the emh days but this trip we are staying at Wilderness Lodge which I have not stayed at since 99 when we got married and honeymooned down there. Since I am qualifying for the emh's should I just go for it and try to be there right for "rope drop" or go to a different park for rope drop? ( I really don't know what else to do to try to get on some of the busier rides) Also how crazy are the night emh's and do they keep the kiddie rides open that my boys would like?

I have 5 day hoppers with waterparks added. I was thinking of skipping Saturday as we arrive so late maybe just going to Disney Springs or seeing if there are something like a weiner/marshmallow roast at Fort Wilderness (is that an actual thing) or just hitting the pool at our resort / supper and an early night?? I am open to suggestions.

Also then which parks on Sunday?Would Animal Kingdom be maybe less busy so a good option? or should I do Magic Kingdom and then if it get busy go to a waterpark in the afternoon or back to the room for a swim?

Monday? Hollywood Studios for rope drop try to run and get on Toy story then go to star wars?

(my youngest is 39.5 inches I am hoping he grows 1/2 inch this month so he can go on Star Tours too)

Tuesday my Birthday, Magic Kingdom. (unless it is going to be killer busy) ( I thought the dwarves mine ride is the one I need to get them on first then maybe tomorrow land speedway and buzzlight year are their fav's. (We are skipping the big coasters so the dwarves mine is all I get!)

Wednesday waterpark? a way to give my husband a less hot day? which one..

Thursday Epcot? ok choice?(should I try for Soarin first?) Anything new in the last few years at Epcot I should know about?

Friday back to Magic Kingdom? (try to do pirates of C and Jungle cruise etc and buzz again)

I really want to see the night time stuff too at all the parks which is why we got the park hoppers in case we just get tired one night or it is too hard to get into at Hollywood studios, I am not sure if I can use them more efficiently for a certain strategy?

I skipped the dining plan, and I am just going to be flexible to eat wherever is quick service as my kids don't sit still for long meals. Places like Peco's Bills and tomorrowland Terrace I think its called.

I feel like my brain is gong to explode, I am looking at fast passes but the dwarves mine ride didn't have one untiategiel 920 pm! And Toy story mania looks hard to get. I didn't know we were going to upgrade our Disney trip to stay on property until a few days ago when my hubby surprised me. So I have some serious planning to do.

If you were me with the 2 boys what would you do? All thoughts and strategies appreciated!

Also anything special I should pack for that time of year? raincoats does it have a lot of afternoon showers? water bottles? light coats for evenings?