Quantcast PreBaby Family Vacation April 2016 Day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default PreBaby Family Vacation April 2016 Day 5

April 13th

We were up early on Wednesday for our pre-park opening Disney Junior breakfast at Hollywood Studios. We were on the bus by 7:30 and at the park by 8:00. Checked in for our ADR around 8:15 and were seated almost immediately even though our reservation wasn't until 8:35. The food was tasty, and DS was excited to get to spend some time with Sofia and Doc and Jake and even Handy Manny...who I think he's seen maybe three times. The girl at the table next to us had an autograph book and after watching her have the characters sign, DS asked for one. It was completely unexpected, but we bought him an autograph book after breakfast and he was thrilled to have characters sign the rest of our trip. After shopping, we head to Disney Jr Live on Stage, and stopped to watch some stormtroopers. We really only had a few things planned for our time at HS, and were planning on a very quick trip. There isn’t much that DS can do, or that I could do given the fact that I was pregnant. So we had planned on Disney Jr. Live on Stage, Toy Story and not much else except maybe a pass through the Star Wars Launch Bay. After Toy Story we lined up to meet Woody and Buzz because DShad been so upset on Monday to not get to see Buzz. He enjoyed the meeting and getting to have them sign his book (his first signatures). The Green Army Men were walking around when we finished with Woody and Buzz and he asked to have his picture taken with them, too. We also went to see Sorcerer Mickey right after that. Stopping for character meets were adding time to our day, so we changed up our plans and decided to have lunch at Backlot Express. Then we checked out the Launch Bay - costumes and props and models from Star Wars and a great Jawa interaction with DS...and me (they pawed through my purse and examined my phone and then apparently decided I had nothing worth trading for ;-) ). Then we went to visit with Doc (she and DS ended up sitting on the ground hugging for a few minutes...she’s always been a favorite), Minnie, and Jake and then hopped a bus back to Epcot.

We decided to stop at the nearly empty Innoventions East to sunscreen...and DS managed to bang his cheek with the pressed penny machine handle. So we were off to first aid for an ice pack and sat in the Baby Care center for a half hour watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and icing his cheek. Our local friend met up with us there and she DS went off to find the Cactus Rally Garden playground and Dh and I were off for a dinner date night in Disney!.

We had a great dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh, and then started to stroll the World Showcase just as it started to rain. We were just about at America when the skies opened up. We went into the store in America (don't think I've ever done that before) and ended up buying two ponchos...yes, we left our ponchos at home...and went out and played in the World Showcase in the rain. There were very few people braving the rain. We actually had a photopass photographer take our picture in the rain in our ponchos. Once we decided to embrace the fact that we would be drenched, ponchos or no, it was actually really a lot of fun.

DH and I took a ride on Spaceship Earth while DS was still hanging out with our friend, and the rain had ended by the time we got off. They were still in line to meet Joy and Sadness, so we decided to go meet Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy on our own before meeting back up with them to head back to the hotel.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

2. Likes honeybear liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How lovely to have a friend give you space for an adult evening!!

Your son in really getting into the characters!! What fun!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We were very lucky that we had a friend who was able to do that for us. When I first told her that we were planning our trip, she immediately offered to take our son for an evening so we could have a date night.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

Its nice you got some alone time. Thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media: