Quantcast 25 Budget Friendly Disney Souvenirs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 25 Budget Friendly Disney Souvenirs

I recently posted this elsewhere but wanted to share a short and sweet version with my fellow Disney addicts:

Number 1: Magnets
    Magnets are awesome souvenirs that you can find in most WDW retail stores. You can’t buy the ones that they have at WDW at local stores or online. What I like most about the magnets: that they are super inexpensive and very good looking.

Number 2: Keychains
    Again – keychains are going to be a great “Disney on a budget” souvenir and more importantly you are taking a little bit of the magic home with you that you can carry around on a daily basis. I use my magnets, keychains, and mugs to keep patient until the next trip. That brings us to the next item: Mugs

Number 3: Mugs
    Are you an avid coffee drinker like me? How about tea or hot chocolate? I have a fascination with having a collection of different types of mugs and what is great is that I can get really nice ones under $10 if I look hard enough.

Number 4: Mickey/Minnie Ears
    You can’t go to Disney and not get a pair of ears. They come in all shapes and sizes, different themes etc. Though at first, the price tag might not seem to Disney on a budget friendly, you can purchase them once and never again, just bring them back with you every time you go to Disney.

Number 5: Pressed Pennies
    My girlfriend is obsessed with these and for good reason. You can find pressed penny machines all over the parks from 51¢ to $1.01, talk about Walt Disney World on a budget! Pressed pennies are cheap and it’s an adventure to look out for and find the machines.

Number 6: Create your own Shadowbox
    Shadowbox… must I say more? This is a simpler, cheaper scrapbook. Why wouldn’t you do this? In here you can put anything from the free guides, pressed pennies, to any celebration pins you get. What are celebration pins you ask?

Number 7: Celebration Pins
    Celebration pins are free pins that Disney gives you for a specific celebration. This can be a birthday, anniversary, just married, etc. Here is the one I just got for my birthday. Again this is “Disney free.”

Number 8: Antenna Toppers
    If this is your type of thing then go for it, I know you have seen those cute mickey antenna toppers before!

Number 9: Shots anyone?!

Number 10: Disney Pins
    I will start this with a warning. Some pins can be very expensive. Basically, the nicer and more elaborate – the more expensive they are. However, those are unnecessary and not what we are looking for. Look for the multi-pack mystery boxes. You can find inexpensive pins that go well with planning your Disney vacation on a budget.

Number 11: Disney Lanyards
    Lanyards can be purchased from Disney and other places super cheaply. They also go well with the pins since you can put them on there and where it around. I have a few to just hold my keepsake pins as well as for my water.

Number 12: Free crafts at Epcot

Number 13: Epcot Passport
    Purchase a passport kit at most Epcot retail locations for approximately $11. This kit includes a blank passport and stamps for each of the World Showcase countries. Stop at the Kidcot stations to learn about that specific country and receive your stamp. Not only does this fit perfectly with going to Disney on a budget but it is also something that will entertain your kids at Epcot. If you’ve been then you know how hard that can sometimes be.

Number 14: Did someone say $1?!
    If you have a Dollar Tree or even Family Dollar near you, then you know how many Disney items they carry. They are great buys for kids and can be in place of any of the expensive items at the parks. $1 surpasses Disney on a budget, don’t you think? Road trip fun anyone?

Number 15: Disney t-shirts from a superstore
    When you get to Disney you will see everyone in their latest Disney gear. Families in matching shirts, you name it. Head over to Walmart or Target to get a nice Disney shirt for less. Don’t pay exorbitant prices at the parks!

Number 16: Mr. Potato Head
    Head over to the Once Upon a Toy store and build your Mr. Potato Head – this is inexpensive and an adventure in itself. For the “Disney on a budget” option buy the actual head elsewhere and only worry about the parts at Disney.

Number 17: Autograph book
    Autograph books are fantastic “Disney on a budget” keepsakes. I have had the same one for a long time. Occasionally I’ll get newer signatures but usually, I keep it as a memento. These can be purchased at Disney, Walmart or can even be made.

Number 18: Disney Sales
    This is a big one and one of my favorites. I get an email from the Disney Store every day outlining their sale of the day. Usually, it is mediocre but sometimes it is fantastic. I recently purchased a bathing suit set for a baby (swimsuit, towel, hat, etc) for less than $20.

Number 19: Disney Outlet Stores
    Is it weird that I go to the Disney outlet just for fun? I do. I just scored the cup below for $4.99. Now I will take it with me to Disney to be used at the parks. You will be amazed what you can find at the outlets.

Number 20: Christmas Ornaments
    Disney Springs has a 365 Days of Christmas store. Head there for yourself to see the amazing ornaments that are beautiful and inexpensive. I have more than a dozen and wish I had more.

Number 21: Disney Pens or Pencils
    No need to buy this as the hotel will come with a free pen and pad of paper. However, they can also be Disney on a budget friendly gifts!

Number 22: Hand Sanitizer Holder

Number 23: Vinyl Figures
    Have you heard of Vinylmation? Well these vinyl figures are adorable, addictive, and perfect for Disney on a budget. Just don’t buy too many of them!

Number 24: Rolling backpack
    Pretty self-explanatory. Good for a plane drive or road trip and can be purchased for under $20 from Walmart, Target, etc. Any kid would love this Disney on a budget gift!

Number 25: Disney Beach Towels!

Hope this helps everyone keep their vacation budget on track!

Krystel
    Last edited by Strmchsr; 05-02-2016 at 02:13 PM. Reason: TOS - link to outside site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I started with magnets for several years, then moved on to mugs, and now it's more pins than anything.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

I know a lot of people who take a white photo mat and have characters sign in. Then, when they get home, they put one of their vacation photos in it for a great souvenir.

Post Thanks / Like

I only have 2-3 magnets now but a ton of mugs and pins. I find that I don't want to trade my pins ever so they're more for collecting haha
    Krystel

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a hand sanitizer holder on my last trip, and I still use it. Brings a bit of Disney with me, and I need hand sanitizer anyways.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Love the shadow box idea! We have a variety of things we've held on to, and I think it might work well to put them in a shadow box. Thanks for posting this list!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips!
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

always buy a magnet,ornament and shirt but never knew about kidcot coolthanks
    Next Up-All Star Movies

2019-All Star Sports
    2017-PO Riverside
    2015-All Star Music
    2012-Pop Century
    2010-Pop Century
    2008-Coronado Springs
    2005-PO French Quarter
    2003-LBV
    2001-All Star Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: