Quantcast Pirate Cruise from the GF

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pirate Cruise from the GF

Does anyone have any experience with the Pirate Cruise that leaves from the Grand Floridian? We will be spending a week at the GF this summer with our three youngest children DD(11), DD(9), and DS(7). I was thinking this might be something fun for them to do together but am largely unfamiliar with the experience.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard much about this for a while but, past reports were that kids had a good time.

From the Disney Web Site:

Avast, Ye Mateys!
    Donning pirate bandanas, young buccaneers board their seasoned vessel for a spirited pursuit of treasure. Sailing to exotic "ports of call" (Resort marinas), they’ll hear legends of pirates past and discover clues that may just lead to a bountiful treasure chest.
    At the final port of call, kids split up the pirate booty, as they enjoy a snack (such as goldfish crackers or pretzels) and a drink (such as water or a juice box).

Children must be 4 to 12 years of age and potty-trained to join this pirate crew.

Show Less
    Cast Members dressed as pirates engage a group of kids in a story as they dig into a treasure chest on a beach
    4 Swashbuckling Adventures
    Choose from 4 pirate adventures that traverse the waterways of Walt Disney World Resort. Each excursion is kids-only and takes place every day (weather permitting) from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
    Disney's Pirate Adventure
    Crossing Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon, this pirate cruise treats kids to a reading of "The Legend of Gasparilla"—a real Florida pirate. Departs from the Marina at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Our kids have done a couple of the pirates cruises that are offered at WDW.

The last one they went on was the GF pirate cruise. DD was 6 DS was 8. They loved it.

They have a special boat at GF, Lady Useppa that definitely adds to the experience.

The kids basically go on a treasure hunt around the resorts on Bay Lake. They start with getting the kids pirated up with a bandana and pirate tattoo.

Then end up with a snack (PB&J, goldfish and a couple other snacks) and a pirate themed goodie bag at the end of the treasure hunt.

imho well worth the cost for the kids. It is still one of our kids favorite memories from our wdw vacations.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Our daughter loves them too! We did the one at the GF in December, and we're doing another in June. She couldn't stop talking about it, and it was the one thing she requested to do on our upcoming trip. The Family Magic tour at Magic Kingdom is also similar (but has a higher price tag). She loved that too when she did it with her aunt a few years ago.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: