So our first ever trip to Disneyland and California was kind of a bust. We are planning to try a redo next summer (2017).

We are positive, after our Jan. trip, that when we go back we want to go in the summer time. Football and military schedules dictate when we can travel and the 4th of July looks like the only week that will line up with our schedules. So there is really no compromising on the dates. Still just want to make sure I am prepared for how crowded it will be. Also wondering about weather. Surely it's not as hot and humid as Louisiana (we have same weather as Orlando), or is it???

Also, are the special nighttime entertainment offerings worth dealing with Disneyland crowds on the actual 4th of July holiday? Just looking over a calendar at how we would likely plan out our trip. At first glance it looks like our first park day would fall on July 4th. We've never done Disney World over the 4th of July holiday so I have nothing to compare it to. On one hand I think it would be cool to visit DL on the 4th to see the special fireworks, but then again would it be too crowded to enjoy? We would have 2 more days to visit the parks so that wouldn't be our only day. Thanks for any help!