Quantcast Fast pass plus with split stay

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast pass plus with split stay

We are starting out our stay at All Star Sports, but then moving over to Shades of Green because Shades rooms were not avaliable for the beginning of our stay. Then I realized an added bonus...we should be able to reserve fast passes at 60 days instead of the 30 days with SOG. Will we be able to book our whole trip's fast passes (7 days) even though we will only be in All Star Sports the first 2 days?
    It's not easy being green....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be no, but it's worth a try. Last time we did a split stay we had 2 separate reservation numbers. That was before MDE, though. When you do a split stay and have the dining plan, you have to check into your second resort to activate the dining plan for the rest of your stay. That's what makes me think you actually have 2 reservations, and the FPs might only be available for your first 2 days. That's just my conjecture, though.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

I could be very wrong here, but i believe the way the system works for FP+ is that having a Disney resort reservation opens up your FP+ Window at 60 days, and you can then make FPs for the number of days your tickets are for - but only out 14 days (maybe a day or so longer?). I know that last December we had a split stay and had no problem making FP+ for the whole 10 days, even though the trip was split 2 + 8. We had annual passes and while my window opened 60 days out, it also closed again a couple of weeks later. Longer than the length of the trip - so the system isn't looking at the length of your stay - so it's likely going off of the fact that tickets are good for 14 days after first use, giving something of an ending date for that window.

This is different that the ADR system, which does base the 180+10 rule on the length of your stay. Example. I have a split stay in Sept/Oct. My 180 days started the day before yesterday, but I'm only able to make ADRs right now for 3 days - the length of the first reservation. I have to wait until tomorrow to make the rest, as that's 180 days out from the start of that reservation.

I hope this makes some sense.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Fanghorn, that is what I had been told by someone else who I felt like should know, but I wanted confirmation. Thanks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: