Quantcast Magic Band for Lost Parents

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Band for Lost Parents

I am planning my first trip since the FP+ rollout, and it will be the first time that my 7-year-old won't be riding around in a stroller. My husband is concerned about him getting lost. Are our cell phone numbers stored on the Magic Bands so that they can be scanned by cast members in the case of a "lost parent" situation?

I'm sorry if this is a strange question or if it has been answered a lot already.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a strange question at all. No, your cell phone numbers are not directly stored on your bands. HOWEVER, your bands and your child's bands are all connected to your MDE account. That account will have your phone number included if you've set it up. Beyond that, should you become separated from you child, you can contact the closest CM and they will be able to help you. Disney does have the ability to locate any specific magic band in the parks if necessary. Your band will give them all the info they need to locate your child.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what I needed to read... thank you!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

This was a great question...and one I had not seen before. And info that I have set aside for a future trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Great question and great answer. Thanks!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a recommendation from those of us that used to go to Disney prior to the fancy technologies like cell phones and magic bands.

Plan a meet up spot if you get separated, pick something that you can see from anywhere in the park (Like Cinderella's Castle). When I was a child our meet up spots were Cinderella Castle and Spaceship Earth. If you do get separated one parent can head for the meet up spot and the other can get with the closest cast member.

In case you are wondering I only got separated from my parents once, we never actually made it to Cinderella Castle though as my parents realized a few seconds after I lost them in the crowd that I was no longer with them. Sticking to our plan of heading to the castle, we all ended up on the same path with me about 20 feet ahead of my parents. They called out to me and we were reunited about 2 minutes after we got separated.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    Just a recommendation from those of us that used to go to Disney prior to the fancy technologies like cell phones and magic bands.

Plan a meet up spot if you get separated, pick something that you can see from anywhere in the park (Like Cinderella's Castle). When I was a child our meet up spots were Cinderella Castle and Spaceship Earth. If you do get separated one parent can head for the meet up spot and the other can get with the closest cast member.

In case you are wondering I only got separated from my parents once, we never actually made it to Cinderella Castle though as my parents realized a few seconds after I lost them in the crowd that I was no longer with them. Sticking to our plan of heading to the castle, we all ended up on the same path with me about 20 feet ahead of my parents. They called out to me and we were reunited about 2 minutes after we got separated.
    Agreed - the "old school" method of having a meeting spot still works quite well. But another recommendation is either make sure your child knows your cell phone number (and can have a cast member call you), or you put the cell number(s) on a piece of paper the child keeps in their pocket (making sure your child knows what they need to do if they get lost).

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: