Quantcast PreBaby Pre-Trip Report April 2016

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default PreBaby Pre-Trip Report April 2016

This past August, DH and I took our two year old son H to the World for his first trip. We spent almost a week in the Orlando area as our little family of three and then checked into Animal Kingdom for a week. We joined our best friends and their daughter who is just a few months only than H and had two days in the parks with them before my parents joined us. Our best friends left three days later and we had two and a half days with my parents before we left. It was an INCREDIBLE trip full of magic and memories. And definitely our last trip for a few years.

Fast forward to early January. We’re both tired and ready for a vacation from work. I’m 14 weeks pregnant and we’re talking about trying to taking a little family “babymoon” as our last trip as a family of three. Looking at random airfare I realized a trip to FL might be a possibility, but I wasn’t sure if it made sense. A few days later we get a pin code for a pretty good deal. And then we start talking...it’ll be the last time H will not need a ticket...we didn’t have any time in the parks as just our family of three during our trip in August...it’s some place that will have enough to keep him entertained and enjoy a family vacation while still including enough stuff for me to be able to do while pregnant...I’ve been to the Flower and Garden Festival before and know DH would love it and have been talking about getting there for it at soem point...and suddenly we decide to book a quick trip to the World for my April break. I have *never* thought of, booked and planned a trip so close to the trip date before, so that was a new experience for me.

Trying to be a little economical for this unexpected trip, we booked at Pop Century. I’ve stayed there once before, but it’ll be a new experience for my DH who has only stayed at AKL for his two trips. We thought H would like the larger than life theming.

We'll be flying in super early on Saturday and spending a low key day around the hotel. Parks Sunday through Thursday. Then another low key hotel, swimming and shopping day on Friday and fly back home Saturday morning. Giving DH and I some time to recoup on Sunday before our return to work.

We are planning dinners at Boma, Restaurant Marrakesh, Sanaa, and Biergarten, and breakfasts at Garden Grill (our first time), Hollywood and Vine (our first time...our son *loves* Jake), and Tusker House. We’re looking forward to eating our way through the Outdoor Kitchens at Flower and Garden Festival for lunches when we’re in Epcot. We’re planning to meet up with a good friend who lives in the area for a day or two of the trip … and she’s planning to watch H for us one evening so we can have a date night dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh. We’re also hoping to work out meeting up for a meal with a college friend who is now a CM, and a friend of the family who lives in the area. And I’m looking forward to watching my little monkey, who is still talking about Disney World seven months later, get to experience the Disney Magic and make new memories again!

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

2. Likes WiltonJohn liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like a great idea...not that every pregnancy is the same but you do know what to expect & you obviously know to stay hydrated & remember to rest. The FL heat will zap you very quickly. With the built in R&R days, I think your little family trip sounds like a blast. My only thought would be to do the last R&R day earlier so you spend the last day at a park and give yourself a rest day bw park days but that is just my personal preference. Not to mention it might be hard for your little one to be in Disney but not see Mickey (or Jake) one last time. Might be worth adding another park day even if you don't use much of it - not a huge price difference bw 5 & 6 days. And you can add a day while there as long as you do it before you use your last day.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds wonderful

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Wow - sounds like a terrific idea! Have an amazing time as a family of three!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deedee73 View Post
    This sounds like a great idea...not that every pregnancy is the same but you do know what to expect & you obviously know to stay hydrated & remember to rest. The FL heat will zap you very quickly. With the built in R&R days, I think your little family trip sounds like a blast. My only thought would be to do the last R&R day earlier so you spend the last day at a park and give yourself a rest day bw park days but that is just my personal preference. Not to mention it might be hard for your little one to be in Disney but not see Mickey (or Jake) one last time. Might be worth adding another park day even if you don't use much of it - not a huge price difference bw 5 & 6 days. And you can add a day while there as long as you do it before you use your last day.
    The only reason we didn't plan it with an R&R day earlier in the trip and a park day on that Friday, was because Friday was originally our departure day. Then Southwest had a sale ...and it ended up costing us nothign to fly back Saturday instead, so we added an extra night on to our trip. I actually was contemplating adding an additional day to our tickets...because I kinda want a park day on our last day, too ;-). Maybe I'll look at our reservations and see if shifting one of our days to the Friday would work...or maybe I'll just add a day to our tickets.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

If it were my choice - I would add a day to your tickets because it will offer greater flexibility & the price is minimal bw the days.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: