Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
Coming from the guy that has two threads lately complaining about cuts/changes that affected DVC. I had took the high road and wasn't going to go there and even stayed out of your threads but since you like to follow up my posts with such comments......there you go.

As for the question about people getting this upset when other businesses change offerings or raise prices, the answer is a resounding yes. Pretty much for everything. Us Corvette guys have been pretty bent out of shape with Chevrolet the past few years. They sold out and started offering options on our Z06's that had never, NEVER been on a Z06 before.....Targa tops, convertible, automatic, etc. The Z06 has always been and should be only a race ready, light weight, high horsepower, go fast machine....but no, now they are catering to the guys that can't even check the oil just so they can say they have a Z06......even though they have no idea what it is or represents.
I think you may be getting two different Johns mixed up.

Anyway, I agree with your thoughts. I cannot believe the mentality that just because everyone else does it, we should be okay with it. Isn't that what our parents, teachers, etc... spent countless times telling us not to do? Seriously, for years Disney has given us the impression that they are a leader, that they hold themselves to a higher standard, that they are a different company.

Their recent actions are most certainly in-line with other businesses - it would be hard to argue against that. Where much of the frustration comes in is that their higher standard seems to be moving toward just standard. With the now standard service, the cumulative price of that vacation continues to skyrocket.

I still think that the policy of reducing the experience or expected standards for their most loyal repeat customers will eventually hurt them in the long run. Although I have only a few data points, everyone I know (even loyal Disney people like us) who have experienced both Universal and Disney lately are tending to plan more Universal and less Disney for upcoming trips. If things continue, I could see the younger generation not growing up with that Disney loyalty that was born from the higher standard that Disney set.

On a side note, I completely agree about the Corvette and definitely see the analogy. Unfortunately, if I keep going to Disney, I will never have any hope of owning one (if I do, it certainly will not be an automatic with Targa Tops).