Quantcast Disney After Hours - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Do keep in mind that the 5 year stock price graph carries you back to the low point in the height of the recession. A lot of that upwards momentum is basically just the return of the economy. It basically mimics the DOW. You now see that in the last year and a half it has leveled out and started a sideways trend. I believe investors also realize they have just about milked the cow to death.

Who really knows if Shanghai is going to be an immediate success or not. It may boom but then China is on the brink of their own massive recession which could result in this park being a cash eating machine. Only time will tell.
    Unfortunately, investors, the board and senior management do not believe the cow has been fully milked. IMHO, there will be more premium events, service cuts and price increases coming and at an even faster pace. And until there are concrete signs that revenue is being impacted, these things will not let up.
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrte62 View Post
    Unfortunately, investors, the board and senior management do not believe the cow has been fully milked. IMHO, there will be more premium events, service cuts and price increases coming and at an even faster pace. And until there are concrete signs that revenue is being impacted, these things will not let up.

Investors are always 2 steps ahead. They run the price up on the anticipation and sell running the price down on the news. I wouldn't touch Disney with a 10 ft. pole right now for a long position but we will see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Yep. It's wrong. Why would it be a point of joy that they lose money and so don't invest in the park. Not something I'd be cheering.

Besides, if one is a true Disney fan why would you get glee out of failure and second why does an optional activity matter that much too you.
    I have been saying the same thing. I somehow think it is party sour grapes. I have no problem with any of these premium events. As I have said, NOTHING is being taken away from the normal guest.

I don't see this much complaining when the MK closes early for the Halloween or Christmas Party and during those events those who don't pay for the hard ticket price are required to leave the park at 7 PM. At least with this, the average park goer can enjoy the park until 11 PM before having to exit.

5. Likes BrerGnat liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: